Negotiating SaaS Agreements: Drafting Key Contract Provisions, Protecting Customer and Vendor Interests
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will discuss the latest trends in drafting and negotiating Software as a Service (SaaS) agreements. The panel will discuss critical issues that should be addressed in the agreements and strategies to avoid common contracting pitfalls.
- Drafting and negotiating key provisions in the SaaS agreement
- Ownership of data
- Access to data
- Data security
- Service level agreement
- Limitations and warranties
- Other critical provisions
- Recent legal developments and business trends impacting SaaS agreements
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the key distinctions between on-site and provider-hosted software? Why does it matter from a legal standpoint?
- How can concerns about data privacy, security, access, integrity and recovery be addressed in the SaaS contract?
- What are some best practices for drafting SaaS agreements to ensure that SaaS services will continue to be available and supported?
Kelley C. Miller
Ms. Miller's practice areas include cloud computing, complex federal tax controversies, state and federal... | Read More
Ms. Miller's practice areas include cloud computing, complex federal tax controversies, state and federal tax issues involving closely held entities, state tax planning and litigation and tax planning issues involving E-Commerce, and state nexus. She presents on cloud computing, particularly negotiating SaaS agreements. She also has written and spoken widely on numerous federal and state tax topics for clients representing a broad spectrum of industries, including exempt organizations.Close
Kristie D. Prinz
The Prinz Law Office
Ms. Prinz is a technology and life sciences IP business lawyer and the founder of The Prinz Law Office in Silicon... | Read More
Ms. Prinz is a technology and life sciences IP business lawyer and the founder of The Prinz Law Office in Silicon Valley. Ms. Prinz’s practice focuses on providing technical IP business advice to early stage start-ups and more established mid-market companies in the software, SaaS, technology, and health technology industries. Ms. Prinz is the author of the Silicon Valley Software Law Blog and a regular speaker on software, SaaS and technology contracting business issues. Ms. Prinz is a graduate of Vanderbilt Law School and is licensed to practice law in the states of California and Georgia.Close