If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, you should contact Jennifer Brown, Vice President, Strafford Publications, POB 13729, 590 Dutch Valley Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30324-0729, or email email@example.com.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, you should first contact Jennifer Brown, Vice President, Strafford Publications, PO Box 13729, 590 Dutch Valley Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30324-0729.
Types of Information Collected and How It Is Used
Strafford collects email address information from you when you order a product or service, register for a webinar, enter your email address on our Site and Services, provide your email address on one of our surveys or forms, when speaking to one of our customer service representatives, or when your firm/employer gives it to us pursuant to a contractual relationship between Strafford and your firm.
Strafford collects email address information from you so that we may confirm and deliver your purchase, communicate with you regarding your order or registration, and alert you of other Strafford webinars, products, and services that may be of interest to you.
Opt Out Rights
You always have the right to opt out of receiving electronic communications from Strafford. You may opt out of having promotional correspondence sent to you by contacting us via postal mail, email or telephone at Customer Service, 590 Dutch Valley Road, PO Box 13729, Atlanta, GA 30324-0729; firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-800-926-7926 or follow the unsubscribe instructions included in every promotional email from Strafford.
We do our best to exclude from contact lists those customers who choose to opt out. However, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to identify and suppress every variation on the name, spelling, or email address.
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress or delete Personal Information you previously provided to Strafford, please contact us:
Personal Information Change Request
590 Dutch Valley Rd N.E., POB 13729
Atlanta, GA 30324-0729
800-926-7926 press 1 for Customer Service
In your request, please specify the Personal Information you want to review, how you want to correct or update the information, whether you wish to opt out of our promotional email or other restrictions you would like on the use of your email address. For clarity and to protect our customers, such requests will only apply to the particular name and email address that you contact us about, and we will verify your identity before making any requested changes. We will comply with your request as soon as reasonably possible.
Strafford collects postal mailing address information from you so that we may fulfill the orders you submit to us and inform you of Strafford products and services relevant to your practice and profession. You have the right to opt out of receiving postal mailings from Strafford. If you do not wish to receive postal mailings from Strafford in the future, please send an email to email@example.com and be sure to include your name and mailing address.
Credit Card Information
Links to Other Sites
Our third-party service providers and we may collect Personal Information:
- Through our Site and Services: We may collect Personal Information through Strafford’s Customer Services when you register for or inquire about a webinar, in-person seminar or webcast, view live and on-demand streaming media, make a purchase from Strafford or attend one of our seminars or webinars.
- Offline: We may collect Personal Information from you offline, such as when you attend one of our seminars, place an order over the phone, or contact our customer service offline.
- From Other Sources: We may receive Personal Information from other sources, such as publicly available data, joint marketing partners, and other third parties.
- STRAFFORD DOES NOT REQUEST, COLLECT OR ACCEPT ANY SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION, SUCH AS SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER, RACIAL OR ETHNIC ORIGIN, POLITICAL POSITIONS, RELIGIOUS BELIEFS, HEALTH MATTERS, CRIMINAL BACKGROUND, BLOOD TYPE, INCOME, AGE, CREDIT RECORDS, OR UNION MEMBERSHIP.
- We will notify you as soon as reasonably possible of any breach that Strafford identifies in its storage or use of your Personal Information. We may contact you directly, distribute a notice by mail or email to affected parties, or conspicuously post such notification on our Site and Services.
Using or Disclosing Information
Our third-party service providers and we may use Personal Information:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests.
- To send administrative, billing, change in terms, and policies information to you.
- To complete and fulfill your purchase to process a payment, inquire about your order, or ship items to you.
- To send you highly targeted marketing communications based on your interests and practice areas.
- To personalize your experience on our Site and Services to tailor product offers for you.
- For business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Site and Services, assessing user experience, monitoring our promotional campaigns, and otherwise operating Strafford’s business.
We may disclose your Personal Information:
- To our third-party service providers who supply services such as data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provisions, customer service, email delivery, credit card processing, auditing and other similar services.
- To a third party involved with Strafford in a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of Strafford’s business, assets, and liabilities.
Other Information That We Collect
"Other Information" is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as:
- Browser and device information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic data and other information that you provide to us
- Aggregated information
Our third-party service providers and we may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of our Site and Services you are using. We use this information to ensure that our Site and Services function correctly.
If you do not want information collected through cookies, you may be able to decline cookies through setting in your internet browser; however, your use of our Site and Services may not function properly. For example, we may not be able to recognize your computer, and you may need to log in every time you visit the applicable Services. You also may not receive advertising or other offers from us that are relevant to your interests and needs.
"Do Not Track" Browser Settings: We do not use technology that recognizes "do-not-track" signals from web browsers and take no action on "do-not-track" requests.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of our Site and Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of our Site and Services and response rates.
- Using Adobe Flash technology and other similar technologies: Our third-party providers and we may use such technologies to, among other things, collect and store information about your use of our Site and Services. You may adjust the settings on such technology to restrict or limit acceptance of such technology, but this may reduce or impede the functionality of some applications, including, potentially, applications used in connection with our Site and Services or our online content.
- IP Address: Your "IP Address" is an identification number automatically assigned to the computer you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses our Site and Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications, and other services. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as monitoring use of our Site and Services, helping diagnose server problems, and administering our Site and Services.
- From you: Information such as your location, as well as other information, such as your preferred means of communication, practice area and year of law school graduation, is collected when you voluntarily provide this information. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you or any other user of our Site and Services.
- By aggregating information: Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other user of our Site and Services, (for example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular zip code).
Using and Disclosing Other Information
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use it as described in "Other Information We Collect" section above, as well as for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information.
In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographical location). If we combine any Other Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information for as long as it is combined.
We are not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, any other app developer or provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with any of Strafford's Social Media Pages.
Strafford will take reasonable precautions to protect Personal Information in its possession from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. The security of your Personal Information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. We identify and assess risks to Personal Information in our business operations. We regularly inspect and evaluate our safeguards for controlling these risks. We select service providers that maintain high levels of data encryption and safeguards, and we monitor our service providers' handling of our customers' information. We continuously evaluate and adjust our security monitoring and response procedures and make appropriate changes to our businesses and operations as needed.
While we strive to use the highest commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our website, you can write to Jennifer Brown, Vice President, Strafford Publications, PO Box 13729, 590 Dutch Valley Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30324-0729.
Your California Privacy Rights
For California residents only. We may disclose your Personal Information to our affiliates or other related third parties for their use in marketing to you. Pursuant to California's "Shine the Light Act," California residents are permitted to request information about how we share certain categories of information with third parties for their marketing use. Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of our disclosure pursuant to California law.
EU General Data Protection Regulation
Strafford makes all commercially reasonable efforts to comply with EU GDPR, wherever we store personal information.
If you purchase and consume Strafford Services while in the European Union, on or after May 25, 2018 and to the extent that it is reasonably ascertainable that you are making such purchase or use of Strafford products in the EU:
Strafford will not use your Personal Information without your specific consent granted by your opting IN to our email marketing.
We will notify you as soon as reasonably possible of any breach of Strafford's storage of your Personal Information.
Strafford will provide you with the Personal Information we have about you on your request to email@example.com. Strafford will respond within 30 days to your request and provide information in a portable, useable format. Strafford will verify the identity of anyone making a request of production of such data before providing the information.
We will maintain Personal Information until that person, or his/her assigns, heirs or legal representative requests that we remove that Personal Information.
You may request that Strafford remove any Personal Information that we have about you. Please send your request along with the reasons for your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Strafford will respond to your request without undue delay, verify the identity and authority of anyone making a request, and take all reasonable steps to comply with your request within the requirements of EU GDPR Regulations.