Acceptance of Terms
We reserve the right, at any time modify or discontinue our Site and Services, with or without notice; charge fees in connection with the use of our Site and Services; alter or waive any fees charged in connection with our Site and Services; or offer opportunities to some or all users of Strafford's Site and Services. You agree that we will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of our Site and Services, content, feature or product, in whole or in part. Your continued access to or use of Strafford's Site and Services after such changes indicates your acceptance of such changes.
Disclaimer of Professional Advice
Strafford designed the content and information provided on this Site and through its Services to provide useful information on the subject matters covered. STRAFFORD IS NOT ENGAGED IN PROVIDING LEGAL, ACCOUNTING, TAX OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL ADVICE. USE OF OUR SITE AND SERVICES DOES NOT CREATE AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT OR OTHER RELATIONSHIP.
USE OF STRAFFORD’S SITE AND SERVICES DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A SOLICITATION FOR THE FORMATION OF AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. USE OF STRAFFORD’S SITE OR SERVICES DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP.
RECEIPT OF INFORMATION PRESENTED ON THE SITE OR THROUGH STRAFFORD SERVICES OR ANY EMAIL OR OTHER ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION SENT VIA THE SITE OR USING STRAFFORD SERVICES WILL NOT CREATE AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP, AND WE WILL NOT TREAT AS CONFIDENTIAL ANY SUCH EMAIL OR COMMUNICATION.
IF YOU REQUIRE LEGAL ADVICE OR OTHER EXPERT COUNSEL, YOU SHOULD RETAIN THE SERVICES OF A COMPETENT PROFESSIONAL.
Submissions and Feedback
Strafford will treat all comments, suggestions, ideas, graphics, data, or other information communicated via our Site, Services or email as nonproprietary and non-confidential and is the property of Strafford without compensation for the non-exclusive, worldwide use by Strafford at our discretion.
Unless we expressly agree otherwise in writing, if you provide us with any ideas, proposals, suggestions or materials whether related to Strafford’s Site and Services or otherwise, then you acknowledge and agree that (1) feedback you provide to Strafford is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and does not place Strafford under any fiduciary or other obligation; and (2) any feedback you provide is not confidential and Strafford has no responsibility to keep such feedback confidential.
Without limiting the rights granted above, if you are speaking or otherwise presenting at a Strafford program, you consent to Strafford’s recording of your presentation on Strafford program (including any slides you use) and to the publication, distribution, exhibition and display of presentation materials. Regarding any presentation materials you submit for use on Strafford’s Site and Services, you also consent to Strafford's reproduction, publication, distribution, exhibition and display of such presentation materials. Strafford may exercise these rights in all forms and media, whether now known or later developed, throughout the world. Your consent is irrevocable and extends to Strafford and its successors, assignees, and licensees, and includes the right to use your name, photograph, likeness, voice, statements and professional biography. Strafford will not edit or change the presentation, materials, photos, biography, or other materials associated with presenters, except as necessary to comply with the law or to avoid violating others' rights.
All rights you are granting to Strafford herein concerning presentation materials are non-exclusive, and nothing will prevent you from repeating your presentation and republishing your presentation materials elsewhere. You recognize that Strafford as the program provider will be the copyright owner of its recording of any of its programs.
You confirm that you have the authority to grant the above-described nonexclusive license relating to presentation materials and your presentation and that neither will violate the rights of anyone else. You also confirm that, to the extent your presentation or presentation materials includes third-party material, you have obtained permission for the use of third-party content consistent with the scope of this license. Upon Strafford's request, you agree to provide Strafford with satisfactory evidence of your permission to use all third-party material with proof of reprint permission.
However, Strafford agrees to make reasonable efforts to cooperate with and accommodate its presenters and contributors to our Site and Services regarding restrictions or limiting access to the use of others', including the presenters', copyrighted materials.
If you speak or otherwise present at a Strafford program and present yourself as a CPA or attorney, you certify that you are a licensed CPA or attorney in good standing with any state bar that granted you admission and that you have never been disbarred or had your CPA or law license revoked. If you are not an attorney admitted to practice law, you certify that you have neither been disbarred nor had your professional license revoked.
Intellectual Property and Other Rights
Strafford owns or licenses all content on this Site. The United States and international copyright laws protect all content on this Site.
Copyright law protects the content on this Site as a collective work or compilation under U.S. copyright laws, international conventions, and other copyright laws. Strafford owns the copyright to our Site and Services in their entirety.
The trademarks, service marks and logos (including the names Strafford, Strafford Publications Inc., Strafford CLE webinars, Strafford CPE webinars, and the names of our speakers and their firms displayed on this site) belong to Strafford and others. You should not construe anything on this Site to grant, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark displayed on this site, without the prior written permission of the trademark owner.
Alleged Copyright Infringement and the DMCA
Under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and upon written notice, Strafford will:
- Promptly remove any content from this Site that is alleged to infringe another person's copyright or trademarks.
- Terminate access to our Site and Services to any users who are repeat infringers.
- Make every reasonable effort to accommodate technical measures that copyright owners use to identify or protect copyrighted materials.
- Will not receive any financial benefit directly attributed to infringement of others’ IP rights.
Please notify Strafford in writing (by mail or email) with details regarding any alleged infringement of rights to Strafford's DMCA Agent, Jennifer Brown, Vice President, Strafford, 590 Dutch Valley Road NE, POB 13729, Atlanta, GA 30324-0729; Email email@example.com. If you have questions about infringement matters, please call Jennifer Brown at 800-926-7926.
License, Site Access, and Limitations of Use
You may view, copy, print or distribute material from our Site and Services subject to the following conditions:
- You will use the materials for internal, personal, non-commercial, informational purposes only.
- You will not copy, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, repost, or otherwise display material from this Site for commercial or public purpose without the prior written permission of Strafford for each such use.
- You will prominently display Strafford's copyright notice (© 2018 Strafford Publications Inc., all rights reserved) and our Site address (www.straffordpub.com) on any permitted use of the material from this Site.
- You will comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations while accessing or using Strafford’s Site and Services. Also, users are directed to respect the rights and dignity of others. The following conditions apply to your use of Strafford’s Site and Services.
You must not:
- Use Strafford’s Site or Services for any fraudulent and unlawful purposes, including but not limited to conduct that would (a) defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, harvest or collect personally identifiable information, or otherwise violate the legal rights of others, including rights of privacy or publicity; (b) impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or state or imply that we endorse any of your statements.
- Interfere with or disrupt the operation of Strafford's Site and Services or servers or networks used to make Strafford's Site or Services available (including by taking any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load upon Strafford's Site or Strafford's Services or upon such servers or networks) or violate any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of such servers or systems.
- Restrict or inhibit any other person from using Strafford's Site and Services (including by hacking or defacing the site).
- Use Strafford's Site and Services to advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services.
- License, sublicense, transfer, assign, reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, distribute, or exploit for any commercial purposes Strafford's Site and Services or any access to or use of its Site or Services.
- Modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or make derivate works of Strafford's Site and Services.
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice from Strafford’s Site and Services or any materials available through Strafford’s Site and Services.
- Frame or mirror any part of Strafford’s Site and Services without Strafford's specific, prior written consent.
- Systematically download or store content from Strafford’s Site and Services without Strafford’s specific, prior written consent.
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, scrape, data mine to gather the content of Strafford’s Site and Services to reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of Strafford’s Site and Services without Strafford’s express prior written consent. However, Strafford grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from its Site for the sole purpose of creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. Strafford reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases.
You acknowledge and agree that you, not Strafford, are responsible for obtaining and maintaining all telecommunications, broadband, and computer hardware, equipment and services needed to access and use Strafford’s Site and Services, and you are responsible for all related charges.
Registration, Login Names, and Passwords
You may need to register to use all or part of Strafford’s Site or its services. You represent and warrant that all information you submit to Strafford is complete and accurate. We may reject, or require that you change, for any reason, any login name, password or other information that you provide to us when you register. Your login name and password are for your personal use only and should be kept confidential; you, and not Strafford, are responsible for any use or misuse of your login name or password, and you must promptly notify us of any confidentiality breach or unauthorized use of your login name or password or your account. Strafford is not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with any of these obligations.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
Strafford strives to provide high quality, accurate information on this site, but the information contained here may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and information may be changed, updated, and deleted without notice.
YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS. STRAFFORD DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS SITE, ITS SERVICES, OR THE SERVERS SUPPORTING THIS SITE ARE VIRUS FREE.
STRAFFORD SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM THE USER'S USE OF THIS SITE, ITS CONTENT, OR ANY MATERIALS LINKED TO FROM THIS SITE. STRAFFORD SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS' FEES) IN ANY WAY DUE TO, RESULTING FROM, OR ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE, ITS CONTENT, OR ANY MATERIALS LINKED TO FROM THIS SITE. TO THE EXTENT THE PRECEDING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS PROHIBITED OR FAILS ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE, STRAFFORD'S SOLE OBLIGATION FOR DAMAGES IS $100.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Strafford's Services may provide (1) information and content provided by third parties; (2) links to third-party websites or resources, such as sellers of goods and services; and (3) third-party products and Services for sale directly to you.
Strafford is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for (1) content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources, (2) any errors or omissions in these websites or resources, or (3) any information handling practices or other business practices of the operators of such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Strafford shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, use of or reliance on any linked sites or resources. Third parties' terms of service and privacy policies and any other similar terms govern your use of those third-party sites. You agree that your use of third-party content is at your own risk and is subject to the terms and conditions of use applicable to such third-party content.
Strafford shall have the right, at any time, to block links to Strafford’s Site and Services through technological or other means without prior notice.
Under 47 U.S.C. Section 230(d) as amended, we notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. For information about keeping children safe online, please consult the FBI resources and information available at https://www.fbi.gov/resources/parents/resources-for-parents. Please note that Strafford does not endorse any of the products or services listed at such site.
Notice for California Residents
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, the following consumer rights notice is for California users of Strafford's Site and Services. If you have a question or complaint regarding our Site and Services, please contact us by writing to Jennifer Brown, Vice President, POB 13729, Atlanta, GA 30324-0729 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. California residents may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by mail at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112, Sacramento, CA 95834, by telephone at 916-445-1254 or 800-952-5210, or by email to email@example.com.
Severability of Provisions
If you have a separate written agreement signed by you and by Strafford that applies to your use of any content owned or licensed by Strafford ("other agreement"), then that other agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Strafford concerning the material subject to such other agreement.
If you have any questions regarding the meaning or application of this agreement, please direct such questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that email communications are not necessarily secure; you should not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your email correspondence with us.
We may deliver notice to you by email, posting a notice on our Site and Services or any other method we choose and such notice will be effective as soon as we post it. Any notice that you send to Strafford will be effective when we receive it at the following physical or email address: Strafford, 590 Dutch Valley Road N.E., POB 13729, Atlanta, GA 30324 or email@example.com.