Construction Contracts: Waivers of Subrogation, Indemnification, and Contribution
Complexities and Pitfalls of Waiver Provisions for Contractors, Owners, and Insurer
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide construction counsel with a review of the validity and effect of waiver of subrogation, indemnification and contribution clauses in construction contracts, how courts interpret waiver provisions, and the impact on all parties to the agreement.
- Overview of insurance subrogation in construction contracts
- Relationship between waiver of subrogation clause and other potential relevant contract language
- Impact on all parties to the contract
- Recent case law: interpreting waiver provisions
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What is generally the scope of a construction subrogation waiver?
- How are courts interpreting waiver of subrogation provisions in construction defect matters?
- What other contractual provisions will courts look at when interpreting the waiver of subrogation provision?
- How do contractual indemnification provisions impact subrogation waivers?
James P. Bobotek
Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman
Mr. Bobotek guides clients through all phases of development and construction of commercial properties, including... | Read More
Mr. Bobotek guides clients through all phases of development and construction of commercial properties, including preparation, review and negotiation of development, design, construction, design-build, and related agreements. He also counsels clients in analyzing insurance coverage claims, formulating risk management strategies, and developing contractual insurance requirements. Mr. Bobotek has secured many favorable outcomes for commercial policyholders on CGL, builder’s risk, commercial property, business interruption, E&O, cyber, professional liability, D&O, pollution, fidelity and other claims.Close
Daniel J. Singel
Mr. Singel's practice is devoted to civil defense litigation. He also advises clients on questions of... | Read More
Mr. Singel's practice is devoted to civil defense litigation. He also advises clients on questions of insurance coverage, contracts, and corporate issues. Much of his work has been in the construction litigation field, where he has represented general contractors, developers, and subcontractors on cases involving everything from single-family homes to multimillion dollar commercial projects.Close
Alexandra L. Zabinski
Ms. Zabinski is an associate attorney with McCollum Crowley, P.A. She focuses on civil litigation, business law, and... | Read More
Ms. Zabinski is an associate attorney with McCollum Crowley, P.A. She focuses on civil litigation, business law, and insurance coverage.Close