UCC Security Interests in Proceeds of Collateral: Perfection, Priority and Impact of Debtor's Bankruptcy
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide finance counsel with a thorough understanding of UCC and Bankruptcy Code treatment of security interests in proceeds of original collateral. The panel will discuss recent legal developments and special issues concerning attachment, perfection and priority of security interests.
- Treatment/restrictions on proceeds of collateral under the UCC and Bankruptcy Code
- Legal trends and developments affecting attachment, perfection and priority of proceeds of collateral
- Special issues with unique types of collateral/proceeds
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- How broad is the scope of “proceeds” defined in UCC Article 9? What are the limits on proceeds?
- How has recent case law addressed the treatment of proceeds of collateral when there are competing claims?
- What are the potential pitfalls for secured parties seeking attachment, perfection and priority of secured interests in proceeds of collateral?
James T. Bentley
Schulte Roth & Zabel
Mr. Bentley represents financial institutions, private equity firms and others in reorganizations and out-of-court... | Read More
Mr. Bentley represents financial institutions, private equity firms and others in reorganizations and out-of-court workouts. He advises clients on financings, acquisitions, corporate restructurings and workouts. He litigates creditors’ rights issues, negotiates loan modifications, forbearance agreements and other workout solutions, and assists clients with loan and claim dispositions. He works with a variety of international and domestic clients in connection with structuring bankruptcy-remote vehicles to purchase loan and debt portfolios and analyzing bankruptcy risks associated with such transactions.Close