Structuring Multi-Lender Syndicated Loan Agreements
Crafting Provisions Covering Defaulting Lenders, Amend and Extend, and Pro Rata/Sharing to Address Lender and Borrower Objectives and Risks
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide practitioners with an analysis of issues that arise in multi-lender syndicated loan agreements. The panel will outline how to draft clauses to protect all parties to the agreement and bolster the enforceability of provisions in the face of a lender default or insolvency.
- Overview of current conditions in syndicated loan market
- Defaulting lender provisions
- Amend-and-extend facilities
- Pro rata/sharing provisions
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- How can counsel to parties best craft loan provisions that facilitate approval for amend-and-extend provisions in the face of loan terms requiring pro-rata repayment treatment?
- How do the defaulting lender provisions of the LSTA’s Model Credit Agreement clarify the definition of defaulting lender and the consequences for a defaulting lender?
- What are the various objectives of sharing clauses and what issues should counsel anticipate when drafting pro rata/sharing provisions?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Marissa C. Wesely
Simpson Thacher & Bartlett
She specializes in domestic and international bank finance transactions, with an emphasis on leveraged acquisition... | Read More
She specializes in domestic and international bank finance transactions, with an emphasis on leveraged acquisition finance and recapitalization transactions, principally advising equity sponsors and corporate borrowers. She is recognized as a leading lawyer in banking and finance by Chambers & Partners, The Best Lawyers in America and the U.K. publication, “Which Lawyer?”Close
Angela L. Fontana
Weil Gotshal & Manges
Her practice consists primarily of financing transactions and debt restructurings for both borrowers and financial... | Read More
Her practice consists primarily of financing transactions and debt restructurings for both borrowers and financial institutions. Her experience includes investment grade lending, commercial paper facilities, letter of credit facilities, cash flow- and asset-based lending, sports team financing, equity and subordinated debt bridge financing, mezzanine financing, and workouts and restructurings.Close
Ann S. Makich
Cahill Gordon & Reindel
Her practice is principally focused on leveraged financings for acquisitions, recapitalizations and going-private... | Read More
Her practice is principally focused on leveraged financings for acquisitions, recapitalizations and going-private transactions. Her clients include leading investment banking firms and commercial banks. She has represented underwriters, placement agents and initial purchasers in public and private high-yield and equity offerings and secured bank loans in a wide range of industries.Close