Ethical Risks in Attorney Marketing via Blogs, Websites and Social Networks
Navigating Legal Ethics and Regulations in Online Advertising and Networking
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This Ethics CLE webinar will discuss how courts and state bars are addressing the legal ethics issues arising from attorneys’ use of social networking sites, law firm websites and blogs to promote their services. The panelists will discuss how to stay on the right side of the ethics line when marketing legal services.
Ethical risks inherent in and ethical rules governing online attorney marketing and networking
- Advertising rules
- Unauthorized or inadvertent practice of law
- Client solicitation
- Social media and the judiciary
- Recent developments in state ethical rules and court opinions
- Best practices for minimizing ethical pitfalls when marketing legal services
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are some of the key ethical concerns for practitioners who use websites, blogs and social networking sites to communicate with prospective clients?
- How are the courts and state bar associations currently handling allegations of ethics violations involving marketing of legal services on law firm websites, blogs and social networking sites?
- What steps can practitioners take to minimize the risk of ethical violations resulting from online marketing?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Ethan J. Wall
He concentrates his practice in complex internet, intellectual property, and social media litigation. He has... | Read More
He concentrates his practice in complex internet, intellectual property, and social media litigation. He has successfully litigated complex cases involving trademark infringement, unfair competition, internet jurisdiction, website disputes, and disputes over domain names in state and federal court. He frequently presents and publishes on the effect of social media and the internet on the law.Close
Espinosa | Trueba
His practice centers around the domestic and international protection of trademarks and copyrights. He works with... | Read More
His practice centers around the domestic and international protection of trademarks and copyrights. He works with clients to develop both short term and long term strategies to achieve their goals whether these goals involve the strategic growth of an intellectual property portfolio or the aggressive protection of an existing portfolio.Close