DIP Financing: Emerging Legal Strategies for Debtors and Lenders
Evaluating Options When Chapter 11 Financing is Scarce
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This seminar will discuss recent developments and trends in Chapter 11 bankruptcy financing, the impact for debtor companies and lenders, and best practices for debtors and lenders in weighing their bankruptcy options.
- Current trends in bankruptcy financing
- Bankruptcy alternatives—pros and cons
- Chapter 7 liquidation
- Section 363 sale
- Emerging bankruptcy strategies
- Pre-negotiated reorganization plans
- Loan to own
- Bankruptcy roll-ups
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What DIP financing trends are emerging—and how have new, more onerous terms of DIP loans affected bankruptcy strategies?
- What effect have loan-to-own strategies had on the bankruptcy process?
- How can prenegotiated bankruptcies help debtors and lenders?
D. Tyler Nurnberg
He represents banks, institutional investors and troubled companies in workouts and reorganizations throughout the... | Read More
He represents banks, institutional investors and troubled companies in workouts and reorganizations throughout the United States and in cross-border restructurings. He has substantial experience representing private equity sponsors in their dealings with distressed portfolio companies. He also represents distressed investors in their acquisition of troubled businesses.Close
He is Group Leader of the firm's Financial Restructuring and Bankruptcy Group with a practice in New... | Read More
He is Group Leader of the firm's Financial Restructuring and Bankruptcy Group with a practice in New York and Boston. He has more than 21 years experience representing financial institutions, debtors, trustees, creditors' committees and hedge funds in out-of-court workouts and bankruptcies. He has taught college courses on bankruptcy and lectures on distressed real estate finance at Boston College.Close