Water Damage Insurance Claims: Key Issues and Strategies for Policyholders and Insurers
Contending With Undefined Terms, Complex Exclusions, Anti-Concurrent Cause Provisions, and Mitigation Catch-22’s
Recording of a 90-minute CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will offer insurance coverage lawyers guidance concerning difficult coverage issues that arise after a policyholder's loss to a business or residence is caused in whole or in part by water.
- Common causes of water damage
- Insurance coverage for water damage
- What is covered under an insurance policy
- Policy exclusions and policy endorsements
- Making a claim with an insurance carrier and the claims process
- Sworn proofs of loss and examinations under oaths
- Coverage opinions during the claims process
- Litigating a water loss coverage claim
- Coverage versus exclusions and proving your case
- Strategies for using experts
- Bad faith
The panel will review these and other crucial issues:
- Common policy provisions at issue in water loss claims
- What should policyholders know about EUOs and how to prepare for them?
- How can insurers avoid allegations of bad faith?
Isenberg & Hewitt
Ms. Hunter is a trial lawyer representing each of her clients with the utmost respect and dignity while pursuing their... | Read More
Ms. Hunter is a trial lawyer representing each of her clients with the utmost respect and dignity while pursuing their case. She has a diverse litigation practice focusing in the areas of premises liability, negligent security liability, wrongful death, slip and falls, automobile liability, bad-faith litigation and insurance coverage issues. Ms. Hunter has successfully tried cases as well as mediated cases to resolution. She has argued cases at the trial court level, in front of the Georgia Court of Appeals and in federal court.Close
Evan S. Schwartz, Esq.
Schwartz, Conroy & Hack
As the Firm’s Founder, CEO and Managing Partner, Evan is a highly skilled litigator in the niche area of... | Read More
As the Firm’s Founder, CEO and Managing Partner, Evan is a highly skilled litigator in the niche area of insurance recovery claims and litigation, as well as in complex federal and state litigation. For more than 25 years, he has and continues to manage claims and lawsuits against insurance companies in federal and state courts across the country, making insurance companies keep the promises they make to their policyholders. Mr. Schwartz's practice includes all aspects of claims consulting, litigation, and appeals in the areas of insurance recovery claims and litigation, and business & complex litigation.Close