Wage and Hour Insurance Coverage: Mitigating Risk With EPL, D&O, and Specialty Wage and Hour Insurance Policies
Evaluating Insurance Options, Negotiating Coverage and Exclusions, Strategically Arguing for Coverage of Claims
Recording of a 90-minute CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide employment counsel with a review of the latest developments in insurance coverage for increasing, costly wage and hour claims. The panel will provide a practical briefing on coverage via employment practices liability (EPL), directors and officers (D&O), and specialty wage and hour insurance policies. The panel will also advise on negotiating wage and hour coverage and exclusions when establishing policies and arguing for coverage of wage and hour claims under these policies.
- Trends in wage and hour exposure
- Overview of insurance coverage for wage and hour claims
- Current trends in EPL and D&O insurance coverage
- Specialty wage and hour insurance: benefits and challenges
- Strategically arguing for coverage of wage and hour claims under EPL and D&O policies
- Negotiating wage and hour coverage and exclusions under EPL, D&O, and specialty wage and hour insurance policies
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- How can employment counsel strategically argue for coverage of wage and hour claims under an employer's EPL and D&O policies?
- How can counsel leverage the benefits and mitigate pitfalls associated with specialty wage and hour insurance?
- What are best practices for negotiating wage and hour insurance coverage and exclusions under EPL, D&O, and specialty insurance policies?
Kelly B. Thoerig
U.S. Employment Practices Liability Coverage Leader
Marsh & McLennan Companies
Ms. Thoerig oversees Marsh's U.S. Employment Practices Liability (EPL) and Wage and Hour Coverage practice. She is... | Read More
Ms. Thoerig oversees Marsh's U.S. Employment Practices Liability (EPL) and Wage and Hour Coverage practice. She is primarily responsible for manuscripting EPL and W&H policies, spearheading policy and insurer new product reviews, and drafting endorsements. Ms. Thoerig creates content for internal and external distribution, presents at industry seminars, and speaks to the press. She also supports Marsh colleagues by conducting internal training and participating in critical Renewal Strategy Meetings and RFP oral competitions.Close
Britton D. Weimer
Weimer & Weeding
Mr. Weimer is a seasoned commercial attorney, with more than 29 years of litigation experience. His practice... | Read More
Mr. Weimer is a seasoned commercial attorney, with more than 29 years of litigation experience. His practice encompasses a wide range of insurance coverage, insurance defense, and commercial litigation, including EPL, CGL, D&O, commercial property, workers compensation, insurance and real estate E&O, accounting and medical malpractice, construction defects, asbestos, electric utilities, liquor liability, media, lender liability and products liability.Close