Urgent Care Centers: Corporate Practice of Medicine, State Licensure, EMTALA, Reimbursement Compliance
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide healthcare counsel with a review of the key legal and business issues involved with urgent care centers. The panel will offer guidance on forming, operating, acquiring and selling urgent care centers.
- Urgent care centers—a brief overview of the industry and its growth
- Key legal considerations when starting and operating urgent care centers
- Corporate practice of medicine
- Staffing models
- State licensure and permits
- Documentation and coding
- Other areas of focus
- Key business considerations
- Location, management and services
- Issues in buying or selling an urgent care center
- Partnering with hospitals and investors
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the key legal and business considerations for counsel to healthcare providers opening and operating an urgent care center?
- What are the most common business models used when forming urgent care centers?
- What factors should healthcare counsel consider when acquiring and selling urgent care centers?
Alyson M. Leone
Wilentz Goldman & Spitzer
Ms. Leone’s practice includes the representation of physicians, medical practices, ambulatory surgery centers,... | Read More
Ms. Leone’s practice includes the representation of physicians, medical practices, ambulatory surgery centers, hospitals, wellness centers, and nursing homes. She advises on corporate transactional matters such as the formation and structure of healthcare entities, corporate practice of medicine issues, joint ventures, shareholder, operating and employment agreements, and licensure compliance. Ms. Leone’s work regularly involves analysis of federal and state statutes and regulations, including HIPAA, fraud and abuse laws, anti-kickback laws and self-referral (Stark) laws.Close
David T. Lewis
Lewis Health Advisors
With over 25-years of healthcare industry experience, Mr. Lewis has counseled numerous healthcare entities... | Read More
With over 25-years of healthcare industry experience, Mr. Lewis has counseled numerous healthcare entities and professionals and has held executive-level positions in the health care industry. Mr. Lewis advises clients on such matters as acquisitions, joint ventures, regulatory and compliance matters, including Stark Law and Anti-Kickback compliance and HIPAA Privacy and Security. He has also worked with clients during government investigations and in complying with Corporate Integrity Agreements. Additionally, he is a frequent presenter at healthcare conferences throughout the country.Close
Ms. Medina is a healthcare and commercial litigator with extensive experience representing healthcare clients in... | Read More
Ms. Medina is a healthcare and commercial litigator with extensive experience representing healthcare clients in complex litigation, contracting, risk management, and OIG investigations. Her clients range widely from urgent care centers, emergency physician groups, and billing companies to physicians, hospitals and healthcare consulting companies.Close