Uncertain Tax Positions: New Schedule UTP Requirement for Many Companies in 2013
Making Complex Disclosure Decisions as IRS Reduces its Filing Threshold
$50 million in assets becomes new UTP trigger
Recording of a 110-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
This teleconference will prepare corporate tax professionals who are reporting uncertain tax positions to the IRS to identify and understand Schedule UTP compliance challenges and anticipate potential questions upon an audit.
Rules pertaining to Schedule UTP
- Reduced filing thresholds for 2013 and 2015
- IRS regulations, announcements, FAQs
- Lessons learned from large corporations preparing Schedule UTP to date
- Issues arising from IRS exams of Schedule UTP
The panel will analyze key issues such as:
- Calculating the maximum amount for each uncertain tax position.
- Meeting the requirement for a "concise description" of each reserved position.
- Navigating the "more likely than not" standard.
- Examining what is known now about how the IRS views sufficiency of Schedule UTPs so far and how workpapers are being treated.
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Associate Professor of Accounting
University of North Carolina at Wilmington
Ms. Hennig is the author of a treatise, "Practical Guide to Schedule M-3 Compliance," 2nd edition, and... | Read More
Ms. Hennig is the author of a treatise, "Practical Guide to Schedule M-3 Compliance," 2nd edition, and of numerous articles on Schedule M-3 and Schedule UTP compliance that have appeared in trade publications.Close