Unauthorized Workers in Retirement Plans: Key Considerations for Plan Sponsors and ERISA Counsel
ERISA and DOL Guidance, Tax Reporting and Withholding Issues for U.S. and Non-U.S. Persons, Incorrect or Missing Information
A live 90-minute premium CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide ERISA counsel, plan sponsors, and administrators upon discovering unauthorized workers in retirement plans. The panel will discuss ERISA and DOL guidance, factors to consider under the Internal Revenue Code, tax reporting and withholding issues for U.S. and non-U.S. persons, processes on handling missing or incorrect employee information, rules for missing plan participants, and other critical items for unauthorized employees in retirement plans.
- ERISA and DOL guidance
- Immigration issues and key considerations
- Tax reporting and withholding issues
- Tax reporting and withholding for U.S. persons
- Tax reporting and withholding for non-U.S. persons
- Missing participants and mechanisms for compliance
- Best practices and effective compliance methods for plan sponsors
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the critical considerations for plan sponsors who discover unauthorized workers in their retirement plans?
- What are the applicable ERISA rules and DOL guidance?
- What immigration issues and applicable laws apply to plan sponsors of retirement plans with unauthorized workers?
- What are the tax issues and challenges that arise in regards to unauthorized workers in retirement plans?
- What mechanisms are available to plan sponsors to ensure compliance?
Christian S. Allen
Mr. Allen focuses his practice exclusively on US immigration law and procedure, and global mobility. He joined the... | Read More
Mr. Allen focuses his practice exclusively on US immigration law and procedure, and global mobility. He joined the Dickinson Wright Immigration Group in 2013, bringing with him an established practice focusing on all aspects of nonimmigrant and immigrant sponsorship for both individual and corporate clients, in a wide variety of industries. Mr. Allen's previously founded and managed his own successful immigration firm for more than a decade, and also directed the immigration department for another one of the largest general practice law firms in Michigan. He advises his clients on the full range of temporary work visa and greencard sponsorships, as well as related issues of immigration compliance (I-9, LCA, PERM, etc.), including developing corporate immigration policies. With a penchant for technology, automation, continuous process improvement, and creative problem solving, Mr. Allen has developed a reputation for practical business immigration law advice, communicated in plain English.Close
Eric W. Gregory
Mr. Gregory’s practice is focused primarily in the areas of ERISA, employee benefits, and executive compensation.... | Read More
Mr. Gregory’s practice is focused primarily in the areas of ERISA, employee benefits, and executive compensation. He advises clients on all aspects of employee benefits including qualified retirement plans, welfare plans, and nonqualified compensation programs.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 11/08/19)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $300 (through 11/08/19)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $19.45 S&H