UCC Article 9 Update on Searching and Filing: Best Practices for Secured Lenders
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will outline best practices for secured lenders regarding filing and searching methods under the Article 9 filing rules. The program will also address recent case law developments.
- The 2010 Article 9 amendments
- Filing procedures
- Filing rules for trusts
- Searching methods
- Debtor's name
- Change in debtor's location or merger
- National forms
- New York non-uniform provisions
- Recent case law developments
- Pitfalls and traps for the unwary
- Due diligence practices for secured lenders
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What were the fundamental changes in the UCC Article 9 amended rules related to searching and filing?
- What are some lessons from operating under the amended rules and recent litigation and court decisions?
- How are UCC practitioners managing search, filing, and monitoring responsibilities after the amendments?
Edwin E. Smith
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius
Mr. Smith concentrates his practice in commercial law, debt financings, structured financings, workouts, bankruptcies,... | Read More
Mr. Smith concentrates his practice in commercial law, debt financings, structured financings, workouts, bankruptcies, and international transactions. He is particularly knowledgeable on commercial law and insolvency matters, both domestic and cross-border. His representations have included those in major bankruptcies including Lehman and the City of Detroit. Mr. Smith often advises financial institutions on documentation and risk management issues.Close
Steven O. Weise
Mr. Weise practices in all areas of commercial law and has extensive experience in financing, especially in those... | Read More
Mr. Weise practices in all areas of commercial law and has extensive experience in financing, especially in those secured by personal property, including structured financing. He is regarded as one of the foremost authorities on Article 9 of the UCC. He is a member of the Permanent Editorial Board for the UCC and a member of the American Law Institute’s UCC Article 9 Drafting Committee. Mr. Weise is also the past chair of the American Bar Association’s Business Law Section Legal Opinions Committee.Close