U.S.-Israel Dual Taxation: Treaty Benefits, Taxation of Real Estate Transactions, Pensions and Social Security
Note: CLE credit is not offered on this program
A live 110-minute CPE webinar with interactive Q&A
This course will explain tax planning opportunities, and pitfalls to avoid for both U.S. immigrants to Israel and Israelis residing in the U.S. Our panel of international tax experts will discuss tax compliance and reporting responsibilities, review taxation of real estate transactions, and analyze the U.S. Israel Income Tax Treaty for benefits available to taxpayers in both countries.
- U.S.-Israel Dual Taxation: introduction
- The U.S.-Israel Income Tax Treaty
- Israel's 10-year tax holiday for immigrants
- Differences in taxation of common streams of income
- Allowable tax deductions
- Available tax credits
- Planning for charitable donations
- Tax treatment of LLCs, partnerships, and pass-through entities
- Taxation of real estate transactions
- U.S. and Israel compliance requirements
- Common pitfalls in tax planning and reporting
The panel will review these and other critical issues:
- Determining whether the U.S. or Israel gets the "first bite" of taxes
- Taxation of U.S. pensions and Social Security by Israel
- Deductibility of real estate taxes, contributions, and other deductions in the U.S. and Israel
- Capital gains, Section 1031, and installment sale considerations in the U.S. and Israel
- Analyzing the U.S.-Israel Income Tax Treaty for benefits
Gidon Broide, CPA (Israel & US), TEP
Broide and Co.
Mr. Broide provides accounting and tax services to Israeli and foreign clients. He and the firm are specialists in the... | Read More
Mr. Broide provides accounting and tax services to Israeli and foreign clients. He and the firm are specialists in the fields of Israeli taxation, including taxation of trusts, individuals and corporate entities. The majority of his clients are Israelis from the Anglo-Saxon countries, mainly the US. He and his team advise multinational families on their tax planning, working closely with top local firms in various countries. He is a qualified Israeli and US CPA with over 20 years of experience.Close
Harold D. Katz, CPA, TEP
Mr. Katz is the managing member of Katz LLC, a full-service CPA firm in Chicago IL, with an extensive practice in... | Read More
Mr. Katz is the managing member of Katz LLC, a full-service CPA firm in Chicago IL, with an extensive practice in international and domestic taxation. He spoke at the ABA Estate Planning Spring Symposia, the IL CPA Society on international taxation and offshore tax compliance, several international tax seminars and he wrote several articles regarding the international impact of US passport revocation. He supports clients, both domestic and international, in individual and business tax planning matters, including treaty interpretation, streamlined disclosure, foreign bank account and asset reporting, and estate planning. He is a US/Israeli citizen and is bilingual with a large contingent of Israeli/American clients.Close
Early Discount (through 11/05/21)
CPE credit processing is available for an additional fee of $39.
CPE processing must be ordered prior to the event. See NASBA details.