U.S. Golden Parachute Rules in International Transactions: Sections 280G and 4999, Strategies to Avoid Tax Pitfalls
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE/CPE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE/CPE course will offer advisors and counsel a review of the tax implications of applying the U.S. golden parachute rules to cross-border transactions.
- Section 280G
- Section 4999
- Triggering events
- Payments and change of control issues
- Strategies for minimizing any adverse tax or legal consequences
The panel will review these and other vital questions:
- When do the golden parachute tax provisions apply in a cross-border transaction?
- What limits does IRC 280G impose on golden parachutes for executives?
- How does IRC 4999 apply, and what are the challenges?
- Who is a disqualified individual under the IRC?
- What are the implications of payments contingent on a change in control?
- What are critical strategies for minimizing any adverse tax or legal consequences?
James A. Deets
Alvarez & Marsal Taxand
Mr. Deets is a Senior Director at Alvarez & Marsal Taxand LLC in Dallas. He specializes in executive compensation,... | Read More
Mr. Deets is a Senior Director at Alvarez & Marsal Taxand LLC in Dallas. He specializes in executive compensation, employee benefits and qualified retirement plans and has served as a consulting expert on employee benefits issues within the context of bankruptcy proceedings.Close
Ekaterina (Kate) Napalkova
Ms. Napalkova advises public and private companies, private investment funds, executives and boards on a broad range of... | Read More
Ms. Napalkova advises public and private companies, private investment funds, executives and boards on a broad range of compensation and employee benefits matters. Her practice includes the compensation and employee benefits aspects of mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, spin-offs, initial public offerings, financings and other corporate transactions. Ms. Napalkova’s practice further focuses on advising clients across various industries on the negotiation, structuring and implementation of benefits and compensation plans and executive compensation arrangements; golden parachutes; securities reporting, registration and disclosure compliance; and corporate governance matters.Close