Trust Distribution in Elder Law Planning and Administration: Standards and Challenges
Recording of a 90-minute CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will guide elder law attorneys on navigating trust distribution standards and challenges in elder planning and administration. The panel will discuss current distribution standards, including discretionary, HEMS, mandatory, and contingent trust distributions, and key considerations and drafting provisions for counsel. The panel will also discuss challenges for beneficiaries, choice of trustee, and key administration issues.
- Trust distributions standards
- Support vs. discretionary trusts and pitfalls to avoid
- Beneficiaries and administration challenges
- Best practices and drafting considerations for elder law counsel
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What trust distribution standards are available and what are key challenges for elder law planning and administration?
- What are the drafting considerations for support and discretionary trusts and pitfalls to avoid?
- Managing beneficiaries and overcoming trust administrative challenges
Karen Dunivan Konvicka, J.D.
Director of Client Services and General Counsel
Commonwealth Community Trust
Ms. Dunivan Konvicka serves as Director of Client Services and General Counsel for Commonwealth Community Trust (CCT).... | Read More
Ms. Dunivan Konvicka serves as Director of Client Services and General Counsel for Commonwealth Community Trust (CCT). When in private practice, Ms. Konvicka specialized in public benefits law and estate and trust planning and administration for individuals with special needs. Ms. Konvicka maintains her memberships in the Virginia State Bar, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA), and the Virginia Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (VAELA) and enjoys continuing to educate attorneys and families about special needs planning from the pooled trust perspective.Close
Valerie Peterson, J.D.
Chief Executive Officer
Before joining ElderCounsel, Ms. Peterson focused her practice in the areas of elder law and estate planning. She is a... | Read More
Before joining ElderCounsel, Ms. Peterson focused her practice in the areas of elder law and estate planning. She is a frequent speaker both locally and nationwide on topics pertaining to elder law, special needs planning and veterans aid and attendance benefits.Close