Transaction Tax Challenges in Mergers and Acquisitions
Identifying Reserves, Preserving Credits and Incentives, Maintaining Post-Integration Documents
A live 110-minute CPE webinar with interactive Q&A
This webinar will provide corporate tax professionals and advisers with a detailed exploration of the critical sales and use, real estate transfer, and other transaction taxes arising from a merger and acquisition event. The panel will explore specific challenges that arise with transaction taxes during the M&A transaction and address post-integration tax aspects.
- Sales and use tax from a transaction
- Real estate transfer tax consideration
- Stock transfer tax
- Documentary transfer/issuance tax
- Tax due diligence
The panel will explore these and other important issues:
- Due diligence best practices for sales and use, real estate transfer, and other transaction taxes
- Particular sales tax challenges, such as maintaining bulk sales and other exemptions and unclaimed property liability
- Understanding the various types of transaction taxes, such as stock transfer and documentary transfer/issuance taxes
- Identifying, describing, and evaluating for sufficiency any reserves the target company has made for sales and use and other transaction tax liabilities
Justin T. Brown
Eversheds Sutherland (US)
Mr. Brown assists clients on a variety of state and local tax matters, including tax planning, compliance and audit... | Read More
Mr. Brown assists clients on a variety of state and local tax matters, including tax planning, compliance and audit defense. He also counsels on tax restructuring, apportionment and nexus issues. Previously, he was a senior tax consultant at a Big Four accounting firm. There, he prepared and reviewed multistate tax returns and also advised clients on a wide range of SALT matters.Close
Thompson Tax & Associates
Mr. Thompson offers more than thirty years of experience between public accounting and the California Board of... | Read More
Mr. Thompson offers more than thirty years of experience between public accounting and the California Board of Equalization. He has served as a Partner and Principal, focusing on both state and local tax issues at two Big 4 accounting firms. Mr. Thompson founded Thompson Tax in June 2002. His consulting clients include both national and international companies representing broadly diverse markets.Close
Early Discount (through 11/19/21)
CPE credit processing is available for an additional fee of $39.
CPE processing must be ordered prior to the event. See NASBA details.