Trademark Threats on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Other Social Media
Policing and Protecting Against Infringement and Counterfeiting by Website Users
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide best practices for attorneys on confronting the trademark infringement and counterfeiting threats by users of social networking websites. The panel will outline strategies for businesses and their counsel to police and protect against unauthorized use of their brands on these websites.
- Current IP trends surrounding Twitter, Facebook and other social networking sites
- Infringement risks arising from social networking websites including recent case law
- Secondary liability issues
- Best practices to protect brands
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- How do Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and other social networking websites continue to present online trademark infringement threats for businesses?
- What can businesses and counsel do to proactively protect brands from infringement by social networking website users?
- What steps should businesses take when they detect alleged trademark or copyright infringement on a social networking site?
Britt L. Anderson
Mr. Anderson represents clients primarily in federal courts and before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board in the... | Read More
Mr. Anderson represents clients primarily in federal courts and before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board in the fields of trademark, false advertising, copyright, rights of publicity, trade secret, domain name, licensing and related matters. He also has expertise in the defense of trademark and other IP rights in non-U.S. jurisdictions before trademark authorities and in foreign civil infringement and anti-counterfeiting actions.Close
Ian C. Ballon
Mr. Ballon represents Internet, technology, entertainment companies and social networks in internet-related... | Read More
Mr. Ballon represents Internet, technology, entertainment companies and social networks in internet-related litigation including copyright, trademark, trade secret and rights of publicity litigation and defense of privacy and behavioral advertising class action suits. He authored the five-volume treatise, E-Commerce and Internet Law: Treatise with Forms 2d edition (West 2009) and the earlier first edition.Close
Brian D. Wassom
Warner Norcross & Judd
Mr. Wassom litigates disputes and counsels clients in a wide range of commercial and intellectual property matters. He... | Read More
Mr. Wassom litigates disputes and counsels clients in a wide range of commercial and intellectual property matters. He focuses in matters of creative expression, commercial identity and privacy, which spans the legal doctrines of copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity rights, advertising, journalism and related fields. He has become a globally recognized thought leader in the brand-new legal issues raised by augmented reality and other cutting-edge emerging media.Close
Other Formats— Anytime, Anywhere
CLE On-Demand Video