Tortious Interference with Contracts, Business Relations and Economic Advantage: Proving and Defending Claims
Navigating the Complexities of Claims Alleging Intentional and Improper Business Disruption
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide counsel with an examination of the latest developments in cases alleging tortious interference with contract, tortious interference with business relations, and tortious interference with economic advantage. The panel will address challenges business counsel face in proving and defending tortious interference claims and best practices for successfully litigating these cases.
- Establishing the various tortious interference claims
- Affirmative defenses to tortious interference claims
- Damages and other remedies, including preliminary injunctive relief
- Factors courts consider in deciding cases
- Interplay with competition, employment and defamation claims
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What must plaintiffs prove to establish a tortious interference claim?
- What are potential defenses to defeat tortious interference claims?
- Can preliminary injunctive relief be obtained for tortious interference?
- What economic damages are available to prevailing plaintiffs in tortious interference cases?
- How do tortious interference claims overlap with related employment, unfair competition and defamation claims?
V. John Ella
Trepanier MacGillis Battina
Mr. Ella practices in all aspects of employment law, business law and commercial litigation. He advises businesses,... | Read More
Mr. Ella practices in all aspects of employment law, business law and commercial litigation. He advises businesses, employers, individual executives and professionals in all areas of employment contracts, noncompete and trade secret litigation, and closely-held corporation and partnership disputes. Mr. Ella has authored over 100 articles or book chapters and is a frequent speaker on employment and business law topics.Close
Stephen D. Riden
Beck Reed Riden
Mr. Riden is a commercial litigator who represents corporate and individual clients in a wide array of disputes across... | Read More
Mr. Riden is a commercial litigator who represents corporate and individual clients in a wide array of disputes across the country. He has extensive experience litigating business disputes involving breach of contract, fraud, unfair competition, trade secrets, and noncompete agreements. Mr. Riden also has substantial experience representing owners involved in intra-corporate disputes.Close