Title Insurance Coverage: Latest Developments in ALTA Coverage and Endorsements for Owners and Lenders
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide real estate counsel with an overview of the latest developments in title insurance coverage and explain best practices for evaluating and negotiating coverage, exclusions, and endorsements under American Land Title Association (ALTA) policies.
- The 2006 ALTA policy provisions
- Covered risks
- Exclusions from coverage
- Schedules A and B
- Endorsements most commonly requested in the current environment
- Owners' policy
- Non-Imputation: ALTA 15 Series
- Loan policy
- Survey (land same as) ALTA 25-06
- Access ALTA 17-6
- Contiguous land ALTA 19 series
- Zoning ALTA 3 and 3.1
- Mezzanine Financing ALTA 16
- Construction ALTA 32
- Mortgage Tax 38-06
- First Loss 20-06
- Cluster 12-06
- The revised ALTA 9 series, with the ALTA 28 encroachment and ALTA 35 minerals endorsements
- Recently adopted ALTA endorsement for Policy Authentication ALTA 39-06
- Owners' policy
The panel will review these and other high priority issues:
- What are the latest trends and developments in title insurance coverage?
- What types of coverage are most common in the current environment?
- What are the available title insurance endorsements under ALTA and elsewhere, and what documentation is necessary to obtain these endorsements?
Ms. Stanley practices in the firm’s Real Estate Group. She focuses her practice on cell phone tower leasing and... | Read More
Ms. Stanley practices in the firm’s Real Estate Group. She focuses her practice on cell phone tower leasing and other commercial real estate matters. She is a licensed Ohio title insurance agent. Prior to joining the firm, Mss Stanley served as counsel for Old Republic National Title Insurance Company, where she underwrote thousands of commercial and residential property transactions and managed the underwriting process with agents, lawyers and lenders to ensure accurate closings and the issuance of title policies. She also provided advisement and approval of commitments issued by agents for commercial and residential properties.Close
First American Title Insurance Company
Mr. Zablocki provides underwriting support, counsel, and authorization to company personnel, agents, and customer(s),... | Read More
Mr. Zablocki provides underwriting support, counsel, and authorization to company personnel, agents, and customer(s), related to the issuance of real estate title insurance commitments and policies. He utilizes underwriting standards and guidelines within delegated authority limits to underwrite the issuance of title insurance. Mr. Zablocki also provides guidance to company personnel in the performance of real estate settlement services. In addition, he prepares and presents training and educational manuals and programs to further agents training and education.Close