The Supreme Court Healthcare Decision: Impact on Group Health Plans and Employers
Meeting New Reporting Requirements, Preparing for Pay or Play and Other Key Changes
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will examine the impact of the Supreme Court's milestone decision on the healthcare law on employers and group health plans. The panel will offer best practices to ensure systems for meeting reporting requirements are in place and address major administrative issues that remain unresolved.
- The National Federation of Independent Business v. Sebelius decision
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act provisions that remain intact
- Impact of decision upon employers and group health plans
- Reporting requirements
- Summaries of benefits and coverage
- Value of employer sponsored group healthcare plan coverage reported on W-2 forms
- Key considerations for employers:
- Calculating comparative effectiveness research fees
- Nondiscrimination rules
- Automatic enrollment
- Pay or play
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- In what key areas does the Court's decision at last provide some level of certainty for employers and group health plans?
- How can counsel guide companies to ensure operations are in place in time to meet upcoming reporting requirements?
- In what ways should employers prepare for the pay-or-play mandate right now?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
She advises employers and other benefit plan professionals on welfare benefit plan matters. She helps clients respond... | Read More
She advises employers and other benefit plan professionals on welfare benefit plan matters. She helps clients respond to increased plan costs and legal changes by analyzing various plan designs and associated risks; closely following legal developments and offering proactive advice; walking plan administrators through HIPAA privacy and security compliance and providing employee trainingClose
Julia Ann Love
She focuses her practice on the design, establishment and maintenance of tax-qualified pension, 401(k) and... | Read More
She focuses her practice on the design, establishment and maintenance of tax-qualified pension, 401(k) and profit-sharing plans, non-qualified deferred compensation plans, equity compensation arrangements, and health and welfare benefit plans, including flexible benefit programs and cafeteria plans. She frequently advises clients on healthcare reform, COBRA and HIPAA matters.Close