Medicaid Compliant Annuities: Pitfalls to Avoid, Asset and Income Regulations, Accelerating Eligibility
Annuity Rules and Exceptions; Immediate, Deferred, and Fixed Annuities, Depleting Assets, Avoiding Medicaid Penalties
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide elder law attorneys with a detailed analysis of crafting and implementing Medicaid compliant annuities. The panelist will discuss critical pitfalls to avoid, annuity rules and exceptions, distinctions between immediate, deferred and fixed annuities, asset and income regulations, accelerating eligibility, and offer best practices to avoid penalties.
- Overview of Medicaid requirements and asset limits
- Use of annuities in Medicaid planning
- Types of annuities and potential pitfalls
- Medicaid compliant annuity rules and exceptions
- Best practices for elder counsel
The panelist will review these and other key issues:
- What are the Medicaid requirements and limitations impacting the use of annuities?
- What are the key considerations in the use of annuities in Medicaid planning?
- What types of annuities are available as tools for elder law counsel?
- What are the fundamental rules and exceptions for Medicaid compliant annuities?
- What are the differences between married vs. single applicants?
- What are the best practices for attorneys to ensure compliance and accelerate Medicaid eligibility?
Dale M. Krause, J.D., LL.M.
President and CEO
Krause Financial Services
Mr. Krause, J.D., LL.M. is the President and CEO of Krause Financial Services – a Wisconsin-based firm that... | Read More
Mr. Krause, J.D., LL.M. is the President and CEO of Krause Financial Services – a Wisconsin-based firm that specializes in crisis Medicaid planning through the use of Medicaid Compliant Annuities and other insurance products. With over 30 years of industry experience, he’s a national expert on using annuities to accelerate eligibility for Medicaid. Mr. Krause earned his B.S. degrees in Sociology and Political Science from the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point in 1981, his J.D. from Thomas Cooley Law School in 1985, and his LL.M. in Taxation from DePaul College of Law in 1990. He is a member of the Wisconsin State Bar and an emeritus member of the Michigan State Bar. For more information regarding Mr. Krause, his accomplishments, and his company, visit www.medicaidannuity.com.Close