Telemedicine Agreements: FMV, Commercial Reasonableness Compliance in Compensation Arrangements
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance to healthcare counsel on compensation in agreements for telemedicine services. The panel will examine the various ways in which common telemedicine arrangements require commercial reasonableness and FMV requirements to be met. The panel will also discuss the process and requirements associated with FMV and commercial reasonableness opinions related to telemedicine arrangements.
- Key developments related to the telemedicine industry
- Outline of the standard types of telemedicine service arrangements
- Laws those arrangements implicate
- Commercial reasonableness and FMV requirements
- OIG opinions related to telemedicine arrangements
- Opinions of commercial reasonableness in the telemedicine context
- Key considerations for telemedicine FMV analyses
The panel will review these and other important issues:
- When should counsel consider whether the contemplated telemedicine arrangements meet one of the applicable Stark exceptions and/or AKS safe harbors related to service arrangements?
- What are the factors involved when evaluating the commercial reasonableness of the telemedicine service arrangement?
- How can counsel assess the FMV of compensation in a telemedicine service agreement?
Luis A. Argueso
Mr. Argueso’s practice involves the appraisal of healthcare businesses and the valuation of healthcare provider... | Read More
Mr. Argueso’s practice involves the appraisal of healthcare businesses and the valuation of healthcare provider compensation relationships. He provides valuation and consulting services and is a national subject matter expert in the valuation of compensation arrangements between hospitals and medical groups which staff and medically direct hospital-based service lines. He has provides consulting to clients for improving the efficiency, quality, and compliance of telemedicine and hospital-based service arrangements.Close
Mr. Houston focuses on valuation and analysis of various healthcare provider call coverage services and compensation... | Read More
Mr. Houston focuses on valuation and analysis of various healthcare provider call coverage services and compensation arrangements. He also handles healthcare valuation analysis of employment arrangements and professional services arrangements.Close
Albert D. (Chip) Hutzler
Mr. Hutzler focuses on fair market value analysis of hospital arrangements with physicians for clients nationwide,... | Read More
Mr. Hutzler focuses on fair market value analysis of hospital arrangements with physicians for clients nationwide, including on-call arrangements, medical directorships, employment arrangements and physician recruitment arrangements. Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, he worked for a law firm representing healthcare clients, including a large health system, in various physician contracting arrangements, healthcare law and investment matters.Close