Technology Acquisition in M&A Transactions
Due Diligence of IP, Software, and Other Assets, Reps and Warranties, Transition Services Post-Closing
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will examine the contractual and due diligence challenges in acquiring software, AI, and other technology and intellectual property assets and technology-focused companies. The panel discussion will include reps and warranties, indemnity, post-closing transition, and other provisions which should be included in M&A documents to address these types of deals.
- Key types of technology and intellectual property assets and framework for analysis
- Due diligence of software, AI, and other technology and IP assets
- Representations and warranties particular to technology and IP assets
- Indemnity provisions particular to technology and IP-heavy acquisitions
- Ancillary agreements and post-closing transition common to technology and IP-heavy acquisitions
The panel will review these and other critical issues:
- What steps should be taken to perfect transfers of registered IP rights in an acquisition of technology assets?
- What kinds of due diligence must be conducted when acquiring technology and IP assets or companies in technology businesses?
- What are the common reps and warranties in acquisitions of technology and IP assets or technology-focused companies?
- How should post-closing transfer and licensing of technology and IP assets be addressed in M&A documents?
John P. Brockland
Hogan Lovells US
Mr. Brockland focuses on strategic and commercial transactions involving the development, transfer, and licensing of... | Read More
Mr. Brockland focuses on strategic and commercial transactions involving the development, transfer, and licensing of technology and IP assets, as well as the provision of technology-related services.Close
Steven H. Goldberg
Baker & Hostetler
Mr. Goldberg is co-leader of the firm's national Mergers and Acquisitions team and is the Business Group... | Read More
Mr. Goldberg is co-leader of the firm's national Mergers and Acquisitions team and is the Business Group Coordinator for the New York office. He is widely recognized as one of the leading M&A lawyers in the country. Mr. Goldberg practices primarily in transactions, private equity, joint ventures and strategic investments. For more than 25 years, he has represented both publicly traded and privately held companies in transactional and securities matters in a number of industries.Close