Tax Strategies for Family Businesses: Paying Children, SE Insurance, Roths for Children, Social Security
Note: CLE credit is not offered on this program
Recording of a 110-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
This webinar will review unique planning strategies for family businesses. Our adept federal income tax panelist will provide insights into maximizing Social Security benefits, lowering payroll taxes, IRA contributions, transferring ownership interests, and making retirement contributions for family businesses.
- Tax strategies for family businesses: an introduction
- Paying family members
- Tax savings
- Younger kids, older kids, and other family members
- Retirement planning
- Social Security
- Self-employment health insurance deduction
- Owner's salary
- Transferring ownership interests
- Other strategies
The panelist will cover these and other key issues:
- Which businesses are not required to pay Social Security taxes for children?
- When are insurance premiums deductible as SE insurance?
- When should a taxpayer consider hiring a spouse?
- When can a taxpayer make a ROTH contribution for a child?
Lawrence K.Y. Pon, CPA/PFS, CFP, EA, USTCP, AEP
Pon & Associates
Mr. Pon has been in practice since 1986 providing comprehensive tax and financial planning, tax preparation and... | Read More
Mr. Pon has been in practice since 1986 providing comprehensive tax and financial planning, tax preparation and representation.Close