Tax Statutes of Limitations: Advising Taxpayers on the Assessment, Collection, and Refund Statutes
Note: CLE credit is not offered on this program
Recording of a 110-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
This webinar will review the three basis statutes of limitations for taxes: the IRS assessment statute expiration date (AESD), the refund statute expiration date (RSED), and the collection statute expiration date (CSED). Our federal income tax expert will explain the critical nature of each date and offer practical advice on handling approaching expiration dates and advising taxpayers.
- Introduction: tax statutes of limitations
- Current applicable statutes of limitations
- RSED – Refund statute expiration date
- ASED – Assessment statute expiration date
- CSED – Collection statute expiration statute date
- Actions extending the ASED and CSED
- Cases when the statute of limitations can run forever
The panelist will cover these and other critical issues:
- Should a taxpayer choose to voluntarily extend the collection statute during an IRS audit?
- What specific acts extend the assessment statute?
- What is the last date a taxpayer has to receive a refund of taxes paid?
- What causes the assessment statute to run indefinitely?
- How and when should practitioners advise taxpayers about expiring statutes?
Larry Pon, CPA/PFS, CFP, EA, USTCP, AEP
CPA/PFS, CFP, EA, USTCP, AEP
Pon & Associates
Pon & Associates, a CPA firm, has been proudly serving the San Francisco Bay Area since 1996. ... | Read More
Pon & Associates, a CPA firm, has been proudly serving the San Francisco Bay Area since 1996. We are a full service CPA and accounting firm providing accounting, tax, payroll and business advisory services. We specialize in tax preparation, tax representation, tax planning, business planning, financial planning, and estate planning.Close
Access Anytime, Anywhere
CPE credit is not available on downloads.