Tax Issues of Real Estate Syndications: Limited and General Partner Considerations, Carried Interest, and 163(j) Interest Limitations
Recording of a 110-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
This webinar will review the tax considerations of real estate syndicates for investors and tax professionals working with these unique real estate partnerships. Our panel of real estate strategists will discuss the tax implications for general partners, limited partners, and the flow-through entity.
- What is a real estate syndicate?
- Tax issues for general partners
- Fees and self-employment tax
- Carried interest
- Tax issues for limited partners
- Section 163(j) interest limitataion
- Other considerations
The panel will cover these and other critical issues:
- How limited partners are taxed in real estate syndicates
- Taxation of carried interest earned by the general partner
- Calculating the 163(j) business interest expense limitation
- Self-employment tax and other considerations for general partners of a real estate syndicate
Thomas Castelli, CFP, CPA
Mr. Castelli's areas of focus are tax planning| Read More
Mr. Castelli's areas of focus are tax planningClose
Kaylyn Clark Deaver, CPA
Ms. Deaver's areas of focus are tax planning and CFO.| Read More
Ms. Deaver's areas of focus are tax planning and CFO.Close
Access Anytime, Anywhere
CPE credit is not available on downloads.