Tax Issues in Transferring LLC and Partnership Interests
Navigating the Complex IRS Rules for Buying, Selling or Redeeming Partnership Interests
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE/CPE webinar with Q&A
This CLE/CPE webinar will provide tax counsel and advisers with an overview of the tax rules that apply to the sale or transfer of an LLC or partnership interest. The panel will discuss common pitfalls and uncertainties in the tax code and outline best practices to structure transactions.
- Tax rules related to sales or transfers of LLCs or partnership interests
- Common issues and uncertainty related to the tax code
- Best practices for tax professionals and advisers to avoid unintended tax liability
The panel will review these and other priority issues:
- What are the different tax consequences in choosing between a sale or redemption of a departing partner’s interest?
- Will a sale or redemption of other partners create a taxable event to the remaining owners?
- How is the character of gain or loss determined upon a transfer?
- What are the holding period and basis rules for transfers of partial interests?
- What is the impact of the Net Investment Income Tax?
L. Andrew Immerman
Alston & Bird
Mr. Immerman concentrates on federal income tax matters, including domestic and international tax planning and... | Read More
Mr. Immerman concentrates on federal income tax matters, including domestic and international tax planning and transactional work for joint ventures, partnerships, limited liability companies and corporations. He has helped structure many sophisticated partnership and limited liability company transactions and has represented the target or the acquirer in numerous corporate mergers and acquisitions.Close
Joseph C. Mandarino
Smith Gambrell & Russell
Mr. Mandarino's practice focuses on corporate, tax and finance law. He is involved with a wide variety of... | Read More
Mr. Mandarino's practice focuses on corporate, tax and finance law. He is involved with a wide variety of businesses and transactions, including experience with compliance, planning and M&A activities for partnerships, individuals and corporations. Mr. Mandarino writes and speaks extensively on a wide range of business, tax and finance topics.Close
Ms. Wilson concentrates her practice on federal tax planning and structuring and represents clients in a wide variety... | Read More
Ms. Wilson concentrates her practice on federal tax planning and structuring and represents clients in a wide variety of complex federal tax matters, with a particular emphasis on pass-through entities such as partnerships, S corporations and real estate investment trusts. Specifically, she focuses on advising clients on the formation, operation, acquisition and restructuring of pass-through entities.Close