Tax Issues for Airplane Purchases: Planning Strategies, Tax Reform Changes, Federal Excise Tax
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE/CPE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE/CPE course will outline guidance to tax attorneys and advisers on the applicable tax rules and key considerations for business aircraft purchases and ownership. The panel will discuss available planning options for purchases and ownership, reduced or eliminated tax deductions, and opportunities for tax savings, federal air transportation and fuel excise taxes.
- Tax treatment of aircraft ownership under current tax law
- Key planning techniques to maximize tax benefits
- Application of the federal fuel and air transportation excise taxes
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the key considerations in structuring an aircraft purchase?
- What are the most effective methods in calculating travel, meals, and entertainment deductions?
- What are the hobby loss rules and traps to avoid after tax reform?
Troy A. Rolf
Mr. Rolf is an aviation and tax attorney concentrating in the areas of corporate aircraft transactions and operations.... | Read More
Mr. Rolf is an aviation and tax attorney concentrating in the areas of corporate aircraft transactions and operations. His experience and expertise includes negotiating and drafting aircraft purchase, lease, management, and charter agreements, providing aviation regulatory and tax planning services to aircraft owners, operators and managers, and structuring fractional aircraft ownership programs.Close
Christopher B. Younger
Mr. Younger focuses his legal practice on business aircraft transactions as well as issues relating to federal and... | Read More
Mr. Younger focuses his legal practice on business aircraft transactions as well as issues relating to federal and state taxation and regulation of business aircraft ownership and operations.Close