Tax Implications of the New American Rescue Plan Act: Key Considerations for Individual and Business Taxpayers
Planning Opportunities and Challenges for Taxpayers Under the Biden Administration Stimulus Relief Bill
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE/CPE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE/CPE course will provide tax professionals and advisers with guidance on the new American Rescue Plan Act. The panel will discuss essential next steps for taxpayers, obtaining the employee retention payroll tax credit, key issues for self employment taxes, rules for NOLs, and other key items in light of the new relief bill.
- Key provisions for businesses
- Employee Retention Credit
- Payroll Tax Credit
- Employer compensation deductions
- State Small Business Credit Initiative
- Reporting requirements
- Key provisions for individuals
- Dependent care and health insurance
- Business grants and loan programs
- Other provisions and best practices for taxpayers
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the key tax provisions of the American Rescue Plan Act?
- What are the challenges for claiming the employee retention payroll tax credit?
- How does the new Act impact the self employed?
- What are the next steps for both businesses and individual taxpayers?
Daniel Mayo, J.D., LL.M.
Mr. Mayo has more than 20 years of professional tax experience as well as experience in federal, international and... | Read More
Mr. Mayo has more than 20 years of professional tax experience as well as experience in federal, international and financial products taxation. He is a member of Withum’s National Tax Services Group and oversees the U.S. Federal income tax research, planning and review functions. Mr. Mayo is experienced in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets and cross-border transactions.Close
Richard Lee, J.D., LL.M.
Manager, Transaction Advisory
Mr. Lee has six years of experience in accounting. He manages the tax due diligence process for strategic and private... | Read More
Mr. Lee has six years of experience in accounting. He manages the tax due diligence process for strategic and private equity clients, including advising on acquisition structure, conducting due diligence and draxing and negotiating purchase agreements. Mr. Lee managed the U.S. federal and international tax consequences of all CBRE, Inc. transactions, performed tax technical research and analysis, coordinated with outside advisers and provided progress updates to corporate-level executives.Close