Tax Implications of Liquidating Trusts for Bankrupt and Distressed Companies
Characterization of the Trust, Income Taxes, Net Operating Losses, Filing Requirements
A live 90-minute premium CLE/CPE video webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE/CPE webinar will guide tax professionals and advisers with an in-depth analysis of tax implications of liquidating trusts for bankrupt or distressed companies. The panel will discuss key tax considerations in forming liquidating trusts to settle certain debts, collecting and holding assets, and liquidating assets. The panel will also discuss the classification of the trust for tax purposes, income tax filing requirements, and other key tax considerations of liquidating trusts.
- Debtor/creditor status prior to trust formation
- Structuring a liquidating trust
- Fiduciary responsibilities
- Characterization of the trust
- Liquidating trust transactions
- Income tax compliance and filing requirements
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- When would a liquidating trust best be utilized?
- What are the key considerations in structuring liquidating trusts for bankrupt and distressed companies?
- What are the tax implications of liquidating trusts?
- What is the interplay between liquidating trusts and grantor trust rules, and what challenges arise?
- What are the income tax compliance rules, filing requirements, and pitfalls to avoid for liquidating trusts?
Mr. Angstadt is a Senior Manager in our Mergers and Acquisitions Tax Services in Atlanta, GA. For over 14 years, he has... | Read More
Mr. Angstadt is a Senior Manager in our Mergers and Acquisitions Tax Services in Atlanta, GA. For over 14 years, he has supported and advised companies throughout the business lifecycle on incorporations, acquisitions, mergers and reorganizations, leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations, liquidations, divesture, corporate distributions, and bankruptcies.Close
Cherie K. Sanderson
Ms. Sanderson has an extensive trust background and has been involved in bankruptcy trust work for several years. She... | Read More
Ms. Sanderson has an extensive trust background and has been involved in bankruptcy trust work for several years. She assists trustees with compiling and understanding financial data and tax reporting to the beneficiaries.Close
Buy Live Webinar
See NASBA details.
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $250
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$444 + $24.45 S&H