Tax Aspects of Gifting a Home: Basis, Part-Sale Part-Gift Transfers, Installment Notes, and CA Proposition 19
Recording of a 110-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
This course will explain the caveats and considerations of giving away the family home from the initial transfer to the final sale. The panelist of tax experts will discuss methods of transfer, capital gains issues, installment notes, related party rents, and how to devise the best tax outcomes for both the donor and donee.
- Capital gains
- Part-sale part-gift transfers
- Installment sales and installment notes
- Gift tax
- California Proposition 19
- Biden tax plan
The panelist will cover these and other critical issues:
- How should the parties document the transfer?
- When should a part-sale and part-gift transaction be considered?
- How is the sale of the home taxed after it is gifted?
- How to determine the fair market value of the family home
- When should the house not be gifted?
Lawrence K.Y. Pon, CPA/PFS, CFP, EA, USTCP, AEP
Pon & Associates
Mr. Pon has been in practice since 1986 providing comprehensive tax and financial planning, tax preparation and... | Read More
Mr. Pon has been in practice since 1986 providing comprehensive tax and financial planning, tax preparation and representation.Close
Access Anytime, Anywhere
CPE credit is not available on downloads.