Supply Chain Risk Assessment and Compliance: Mitigating Risk With Effective Due Diligence and Supplier Oversight
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will guide corporate counsel in examining the hidden legal risks that often exist in product supply chains. The panel will explain how careful due diligence, prudent contracting practices and effective corporate governance practices can help businesses mitigate risk.
- Potential supply chain vulnerabilities
- Due diligence strategies
- Post-signing governance, dispute resolution and contingency planning
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- At what junctures in the supply chain do potential vulnerabilities generally arise?
- What questions should companies ask during the supplier vetting process to minimize the likelihood of selecting a risky supplier?
- What steps should corporations and their counsel take when implementing the supply chain to prepare for potential disruptions in the supply chain, employment-related concerns, or corporate social responsibility issues?
- Are there methods that companies can use to assure authenticity in supplied components?
- How can companies assess cybersecurity risks in the supply chain and what measures can be taken in response?
Cynthia L. Jackson
Ms. Jackson practices in the firm’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution Group. She provides domestic and... | Read More
Ms. Jackson practices in the firm’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution Group. She provides domestic and international employment counseling to clients, especially with respect to the global coordination of personnel-related initiatives. Ms. Jackson represents multinationals on international employment matters, including workforce expansions and retrenchments, locally compliant employment practices and agreements, Global Codes of Conduct, Global Supply Chains and corporate social responsibility, global hotlines, and global data privacy issues.Close
Robert S. Metzger
Rogers Joseph O'Donnell
Mr. Metzger is regarded as among the nation’s leading experts in emerging issues related to cybersecurity and... | Read More
Mr. Metzger is regarded as among the nation’s leading experts in emerging issues related to cybersecurity and supply chain risk management. He advises leading U.S. and international companies on key public contract compliance challenges and in strategic business pursuits. Mr. Metzger’s litigation practice includes representation of companies before administrative agencies as well as civil matters in federal and state courts. His transactional practice includes international projects, joint ventures, direct and FMS sales to foreign governments.Close
Benesch Friedlander Coplan & Aronoff
Mr. Todd practices in the firm’s National Transportation & Logistics Practice Group. He brings a deep... | Read More
Mr. Todd practices in the firm’s National Transportation & Logistics Practice Group. He brings a deep understanding of the goals, objectives and risk tolerances of the in-house counsel, management and executives driving transportation and logistics business today. Mr. Todd was previously Senior Corporate Counsel with a Transport Topics Top 20 motor carrier where he provided advice and counsel on the company’s business operations including domestic motor carriage, ocean and air forwarding, customs brokerage and global mobility business lines.Close