Successful Construction Arbitration: Forum Selection, Forensic Experts, Damages and Attorney's Fees
Consolidation and Joinder Rules Under State Law and FAA, Structuring Case Management, Discovery and Motion Waivers
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide construction counsel with guidance on the process of successfully navigating an arbitration of a dispute. The panel will explain how to structure arbitration provisions that reflect the selection of forum, arbitrators, and case management scope, including discovery and motion waivers. The panel will also address the intersection of local and state law with the Federal Arbitration Act and forum rules, the possibility of appeals and litigation intervention, and collecting attorney's fees and damages while limiting costs.
- Structuring arbitration provisions
- Arbitrators: number and qualifications
- Case managment
- Preliminary hearing
- Motion waivers
- Hearing process
- Local rules and FAA
- Court intervention
- Recovery of attorney's fees and damages and limiting costs
The panel will review these and other issues:
- What should parties consider when structuring forum and rule provisions?
- How do parties determine the number and qualifications of arbitrators?
- What should parties discuss in the initial case management meetings?
- How can parties handle appeals and issues with local rules during arbitration?
- What should be included in the arbitration clause to manage costs and recover fees?
James M. Dash
Mr. Dash concentrates his practice in real estate-related litigation, with an emphasis on construction (including... | Read More
Mr. Dash concentrates his practice in real estate-related litigation, with an emphasis on construction (including mechanic’s lien claims), as well as title insurance defense work. His clients include a number of companies whose businesses are in, or related to, the construction industry.Close
Jonathan S. Safron
Mr. Safron is a construction/mechanic’s lien litigation attorney at Carlson Dash.| Read More
Mr. Safron is a construction/mechanic’s lien litigation attorney at Carlson Dash.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $200
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $24.45 S&H