Structuring Trademark Clearance Opinions
Assessing Search Results to Identify Infringements, Overcoming Clearance Challenges, Preparing Opinions to Reduce Legal Risks
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will guide trademark counsel on conducting, analyzing, and using trademark searches. The panel will discuss overcoming the challenges in the trademark clearance process and outline best practices for preparing clearance opinions.
- Analysis and use of search reports
- Clearance challenges and steps to overcome them
- Best practices for preparing clearance opinions
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What factors should counsel consider when analyzing a clearance report?
- What strategies can counsel use to overcome the challenges posed by the trademark clearance process?
- What should be included in a trademark opinion letter?
- How can counsel protect client confidentiality when asserting an advice-of-counsel defense?
Fross Zelnick Lehrman & Zissu
Ms. Lim focuses on the selection, clearance, prosecution, maintenance, and enforcement of trademarks in the U.S. and... | Read More
Ms. Lim focuses on the selection, clearance, prosecution, maintenance, and enforcement of trademarks in the U.S. and globally; managing worldwide trademark portfolios; counseling clients on copyright, unfair competition, and domain name issues; and preparing agreements and licenses pertaining to IP. She works with clients across a wide range of industries, including consumer and luxury goods, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics and fashion, entertainment, travel and hospitality, financial services, and information technology.Close
Draeke H. Weseman
Mr. Weseman helps brands by applying his knowledge of trademark law, enhanced by years of experience, to complex... | Read More
Mr. Weseman helps brands by applying his knowledge of trademark law, enhanced by years of experience, to complex trademark problems and communicating advice to clients simply, in plain language, with a focus on business outcomes.Close