Structuring Real Estate Sale-Leasebacks: An Alternative to Mortgage Financing for Owner-Operators and Investors
Strategies for Improving Balance Sheet, Maintaining Control of RE Assets, Recovering Capital Costs, and Reducing Tax Liability
Note: CPE credit is not offered on this program
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide real estate and finance counsel with the tools to structure sale-leaseback transactions. The panelist will also discuss the advantages and pitfalls of these deals for seller/tenants and buyer/investors and offer best practices to structure the deal for all parties to protect their interests.
- Current market trends in sale-leaseback transactions
- Advantages and pitfalls for both seller/tenants and buyer/investors
- Importance of a credit-worthy tenant
- Deal structures and terms
- Key lease provisions to protect the interests of all parties
- The new tax accounting rules for leases
The panelist will review these and other essential questions:
- What are market conditions driving the increase in sale-leaseback activity?
- What deal structures are generally used for sale-leaseback transactions?
- What is the tax treatment of sale-leaseback transactions?
- What are the tenant's objectives concerning subordination to the mortgage, and what rights should they seek to negotiate in SNDA provisions?
Stan Johnson Company
Mr. Tracy specializes in offering sale leaseback and real estate advisory services to corporations, investment banks,... | Read More
Mr. Tracy specializes in offering sale leaseback and real estate advisory services to corporations, investment banks, private equity funds, franchisees, developers, and family offices through the disposition, acquisition, and capitalization of net lease office, industrial, and retail properties nationwide. Relying on his legal, M&A, and corporate background, Mr. Tracy provides the highest level of service in a wide array of disciplines by combining his industry knowledge and experience with a full understanding of each client’s goals and objectives.Close