Structuring Qualified Opportunity Zone Investments for Family Offices and Private Clients
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE/CPE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE/CPE course will give tax professionals an in-depth analysis of the Qualified Opportunity Zone (QOZ) tax incentive program under Section 1400z-2 and applicable regulations (QOZ Tax Program) and how family offices and private clients should consider structuring QOZ investments. The panelist will discuss critical issues for family offices and private clients, including applicable reinvestment timing requirements, capital gain deferral rules, the ability to hold non-QOZ assets within a qualified opportunity fund and other tax benefits. Additionally, The panelist will share insights into “market trends” with respect to QOZ investment and look into possible legislative changes.
- QOZ Tax Program Basics
- QOZ Investments: Real Estate v. Operating Businesses
- Unique QOZ Structuring Opportunities for Family Offices and Private Clients
- Applicable Anti-Abuse Rules
- Reporting Requirements and Legislative Proposals
The panelist will discuss these and other key issues:
- What are the general QOZ Tax Program rules and requirements?
- What key issues should family offices and private clients consider when making QOZ investments?
- QOZ pitfalls to avoid
- How to finance QOZ investments
- Maximizing QOZ Tax Program benefits including with respect to non-QOZ assets held within Qualified Opportunity Funds
Joshua M. R. Becker, J.D.
Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman
Mr. Becker is a Tax attorney with over 10 years of international law firm and accounting firm experience. He counsels... | Read More
Mr. Becker is a Tax attorney with over 10 years of international law firm and accounting firm experience. He counsels clients in a diverse range of tax, business, and private wealth matters. Mr. Becker's experience includes the tax and non-tax aspects of investment fund formations, private equity mergers and acquisitions, hedge funds, family office operational and investment structures, and real estate joint ventures and investments. Prior to joining Pillsbury, he was a founding member of a multi-family office and registered investment advisor dedicated to blockchain and digital asset investors, founders, and entrepreneurs.Close