Structuring Physician Timeshare Arrangements: Leveraging the Stark Exception, Navigating the Limitations
Recording of a 90-minute CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide guidance to healthcare counsel on the Stark timeshare arrangement exception and the challenges of the exception. The panel will examine the requirements and limitations and offer guidance for structuring a timeshare arrangement to ensure compliance with Stark, federal anti-kickback statute (AKS), and other regulations.
- Stark exception for timeshare arrangements and the requirements to meet the exception
- Challenges that have arisen and what providers and their counsel are doing to overcome those issues
- Structuring the timeshare arrangement to ensure compliance with Stark and AKS
- Overcoming the practical challenges in structuring compliant timeshare leasing arrangements
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- How has the Stark exception changed the landscape for timesharing agreements?
- What limitations still exist with timeshare arrangements?
- What strategies should counsel employ to ensure Stark and AKS compliance when structuring timeshare agreements?
Rick L. Hindmand
Mr. Hindman focuses his practice on healthcare regulatory, data privacy, cybersecurity, corporate, and... | Read More
Mr. Hindman focuses his practice on healthcare regulatory, data privacy, cybersecurity, corporate, and transactional matters. He represents physicians and other healthcare providers and organizations in structuring group practices, joint ventures, medical device companies, as well as physician/hospital alignment strategies and involvement in accountable care organizations (ACOs). He also assits healthcare providers and businesses with potential compliance challenges, including compliance with the Stark physician self-referral law, federal and state anti-kickback laws, and corporate practice and fee-splitting restrictions.Close
Kimberly S. Ruark
Baker & Hostetler
Ms. Ruark focuses her practice on transactions and regulatory matters for the healthcare industry. She is scrupulous in... | Read More
Ms. Ruark focuses her practice on transactions and regulatory matters for the healthcare industry. She is scrupulous in guiding hospitals, health systems, and physicians through complex contract arrangements that match the client’s business aims. She also counsels healthcare industry clients on issues of fraud and abuse and Stark Law compliance matters.Close