Structuring Oil and Gas Entities Post-Tax Reform: Key Planning Techniques and Limitations Under New Tax Law
Impact on MLPs, Joint Ventures, Investments, Transferability and Other Oil and Gas Transactions
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide counsel and advisers on the structuring of oil and gas companies in light of the new tax law. The panel will discuss choice of entity issues stemming from new tax law provisions, MLPs versus corporations, effective planning techniques, and limitations in structuring oil and gas companies and transactions post-tax reform.
- Overview of the impact of tax reform on the oil and gas industry
- Priority considerations when structuring or reclassifying oil and gas entities
- Net operating loss limitations and ensuring tax savings
- Depreciation of certain property and the excess business loss limitation
- Application of new Section 199A, its limitations and planning methods
- Best practices in structuring oil and gas investments and other transactions
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the principal provisions of the new tax law impacting oil and gas?
- How to determine the best choice of entity for oil and gas projects post-tax reform
- How does the new tax law impact the transferability of oil and gas assets and interests?
- What are the limitations on net operating losses and what planning techniques are available to ensure tax savings?
- The impact of the new bonus depreciation and excess business loss limitation provisions
- How does new Section 199A apply to oil and gas entities?
- Best practices in structuring oil and gas transactions in light of tax reform
Latham & Watkins
Mr. Cole practices transactional tax involving mergers, acquisitions, restructurings, and capital markets transactions.... | Read More
Mr. Cole practices transactional tax involving mergers, acquisitions, restructurings, and capital markets transactions. He advises clients in the energy sector including publicly traded partnerships (PTPs), master limited partnerships (MLPs), corporations, private equity firms, and investment banks.Close
Bryant P. Lee
Latham & Watkins
Mr. Lee has a complex practice involving the US federal income taxation of transactions such as mergers, acquisitions,... | Read More
Mr. Lee has a complex practice involving the US federal income taxation of transactions such as mergers, acquisitions, restructurings and capital markets transactions. He has a particular focus on business taxation as it applies to partnerships. He regularly advises clients in the energy sector including publicly traded partnerships (PTPs), master limited partnerships (MLPs), corporations, private equity firms and investment banks.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 02/01/19)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 02/01/19)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $19.45 S&H