Structuring M&A Financing: New Strategies for the Current Market
Evaluating the Alternatives and Securing the Optimal Deal
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This seminar will examine the most common terms and structures being used by M&A counsel to keep deals flowing in the current economy. The panel will evaluate financing and structure alternatives and provide strategies for counsel to buyers and sellers to minimize risks in various structures to close deals.
- Current market trends
- Financing the deal
- Subordinated financing
- Minority equity
- Seller notes
- Consummating the transaction
- Post-closing purchase price payments
- Simultaneous acquisitions
- Asset swaps
- Joint ventures
- Buying companies with net operating losses
- Restructuring existing debt of a company
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What new strategies are being used to facilitate M&A deals in the absence of traditional financing?
- What are the most common deal terms buyers and sellers are negotiating and the benefits and risks of each?
- What are the key tax issues to understand and consider for each deal structure alternative?
- What are the best practices for counsel on both sides of the deal when negotiating terms?
Chelsea A. Grayson
She advises emerging and established companies, focusing primarily on mergers and acquisitions, distressed mergers and... | Read More
She advises emerging and established companies, focusing primarily on mergers and acquisitions, distressed mergers and acquisitions, private placements of equity and debt securities (both issuer and venture capital fund representations), general corporate counseling, joint ventures and strategic alliances, and importation and distribution transactions.Close
He advises public and private clients, boards of directors and special committees on sellside and buyside mergers and... | Read More
He advises public and private clients, boards of directors and special committees on sellside and buyside mergers and acquisitions, and has significant experience raising growth or acquisition capital for middle-market companies. He works with a diverse group of industries, including consumer, retail, industrial technology, healthcare, engineering and construction, and general manufacturing.Close
Stuart M. Finkelstein
Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom
He represents clients on a wide range of tax matters, with particular emphasis on mergers, acquisitions and... | Read More
He represents clients on a wide range of tax matters, with particular emphasis on mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, including spin-offs, debt and equity offerings, corporate and partnership restructurings and joint ventures. He is regularly consulted on tax matters related to corporate restructurings.Close
Other Formats— Anytime, Anywhere
CLE On-Demand Audio