Structuring Inpat and Expat Pension, Health and Welfare Plans: Challenges for Multinational Employers
Navigating Legal and Tax Implications When Designing Benefits Plans, Preparing for New ACA Rules on Expatriate Health Plans, and More
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will offer guidance to employee benefits counsel on the complex legal and tax challenges of designing pension, health and welfare plans for inpatriates and expatriates working for multinational companies. The program will include a discussion of the new regulations on excepted health benefits and lifetime and annual dollar limits for expatriates under the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Trends and developments impacting employee benefits for inpats and expats
- Legal and tax considerations and best practices for multinational employers designing employee benefits plans
- Overview of proposed regulations on excepted benefits, and lifetime and annual dollar limits for expats under the ACA
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What types of employee benefits do multinational employers typically offer inpats and expats?
- What legal and tax considerations should counsel for multinational employers take into account when determining which benefits to offer and how to structure plans?
- What is the anticipated impact of the newly proposed regulations on health benefits for expats under the ACA?
Pam Enright, GPHR
Sr. Vice President, Director of Global Benefits
Ms. Enright leads a team of consultants who assist multinational clients in developing, implementing and managing... | Read More
Ms. Enright leads a team of consultants who assist multinational clients in developing, implementing and managing cross-border, local and global employee benefits strategies. Her expertise includes expatriate benefits, country-specific statutory requirements and competitive benefits plan design, multinational pooling and other risk financing options, and global benefits management. Ms. Enright also has a key role in the development and relationship management of the firm’s employee benefits relationships in 105 countries.Close
James P. Klein
Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman
Mr. Klein focuses his practice in the areas of executive compensation and benefits, and tax. He has broad experience... | Read More
Mr. Klein focuses his practice in the areas of executive compensation and benefits, and tax. He has broad experience servicing clients in the areas of employee benefits, retirement plans, insurance and in the international taxation of compensation and benefits, from the employee and employer perspective. He represents companies on U.S. and non-U.S. tax and labor issues and works with corporations in ensuring that their employee benefit plans comply with ERISA.Close