Structuring Hospital Acquisitions of Physician Practices
Legal Issues in Valuing, Negotiating and Documenting the Transaction
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide healthcare counsel with a review of the key legal issues involved in hospital acquisitions of physician practices, including applicable laws and regulations and valuation considerations. The panel will offer their guidance on negotiating and structuring the arrangements.
- Key structural and legal considerations
- Structuring the transaction
- Principal purchase terms
- Physician governance/management
- Physician employment contract and ancillary agreements
- Tax structuring considerations
- Legal considerations
- Federal fraud and abuse laws
- State law considerations
- Special considerations for tax exempt purchasers
- Legal aspects of determining fair market value
- Structuring the transaction
- Fair market value and financial considerations
- Physician practice consolidation trends
- Valuation issues
- Compensation models for physicians
- Fairness opinions from independent financial advisors
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the key legal and business concerns for hospitals and physicians considering a hospital acquisition of a physician practice?
- What nuances should counsel be aware of with respect to valuations in light of Stark law cases challenging certain valuation methodologies?
- How can acquisition deals be structured to ensure long-term value for the hospital?
- What compensation models have been most attractive or successful for hospitals negotiating employment with physicians?
Jeffrey M. Peterson
Mr. Peterson focuses on healthcare transactions, including acquisitions, divestitures, affiliations, joint ventures and... | Read More
Mr. Peterson focuses on healthcare transactions, including acquisitions, divestitures, affiliations, joint ventures and other strategic transactions. Prior to joining the firm, he served as an in-house transaction attorney, facilitating numerous healthcare transactions in the acute care, outpatient, and physician practice spaces, as well as healthcare information technology transactions in the population health management and revenue cycle management services industries.Close
Foley & Lardner
Ms. Warren’s practice focuses on advising clients with respect to mergers, acquisitions, affiliations and... | Read More
Ms. Warren’s practice focuses on advising clients with respect to mergers, acquisitions, affiliations and strategic transactions, including forming provider groups, networks, alliances, and joint ventures. She is a member of the Health Care and Technology Industry Teams as well as the Transactional & Securities, Private Equity & Venture Capital, and International Practices. She is a published author on healthcare big data issues.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 03/02/18)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 03/02/18)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $9.45 S&H