Structuring Healthcare Practice Leasing, PSA and Other Practice Alignment Arrangements
Complying With Stark, AKS, HIPAA and Maximizing Reimbursement
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide counsel to hospitals and physician groups on structuring and negotiating leased practice agreements, professional service agreements (PSAs) and management services agreements (MSAs). The panel will explain how healthcare providers can leverage the benefits and understand and overcome the legal challenges associated with these kinds of alignment models.
- Employee leasing arrangements
- PSA/MSA arrangements: The practice lease
- Equipment leasing agreements
- Acquiring select assets, employing the group staff
- Financial and fair market value considerations: The value of the valuator
- Hospital/health system vs. physician/medical group perspective
The panel will review these and other noteworthy questions:
- What are the primary benefits of practice leasing agreements for hospitals and physician groups?
- What are the critical first questions counsel must answer before drafting and negotiating practice leasing arrangements to achieve the benefits?
- What Anti-Kickback Statute and Stark Law issues must practice leasing agreements address?
- How should counsel address billing matters to preserve Medicare, Medicaid and commercial payor reimbursements to hospitals and physician groups?
Alice G. Gosfield
Alice G. Gosfield and Associates
Ms. Gosfield advises on problems involving a range of issues, including Medicare reimbursement, fraud and abuse... | Read More
Ms. Gosfield advises on problems involving a range of issues, including Medicare reimbursement, fraud and abuse avoidance, and compliance including all aspects of Stark and anti-kickback, Medicare and Medicaid, managed care contracting, medical staff issues, HIPAA privacy, electronic health record licenses, and general healthcare business contracts including employment contracts. As the health system is changing, she advises regarding innovative payment models, clinical integration, physician compensation models, and the use of patient safety organizations and new forms of fraud and abuse liability.Close
David S. Sokolow
Mr. Sokolow is Co-Chair of the firm’s Health Law Practice. He concentrates his practice in a variety of... | Read More
Mr. Sokolow is Co-Chair of the firm’s Health Law Practice. He concentrates his practice in a variety of regulatory and transactional areas, including fraud and abuse, physician self-referral, and false claims; healthcare compliance programs and regulatory compliance; internal investigations; governmental and third-party payor audits and investigations; healthcare affiliations, joint ventures and contractual arrangements; medical practice formation, compensation and governance issues; hospital-physician relations; tax-exempt organizations and corporate governance; provider and facility licensing; reimbursement and payment issues; Medicare and Medicaid; certificate of need and health planning; medical records, privacy and confidentiality issues (HIPAA); and managed care and integrated delivery systems.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $200
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $19.45 S&H