Structuring Digital Health Transactions: Key Terms and Considerations, Strategies for Negotiations
Purchase Price, Fee Structures, Restrictive Covenants, Indemnities, Privacy and Security
Recording of a 90-minute CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide healthcare counsel on recent trends in digital health transactions, as well as strategies when negotiating such deals. The panel will discuss privacy and security concerns in a potentially regulated environment, intellectual property rights, pricing and fee structures, and termination and transition rights.
- Nuts and bolts of structuring the transaction
- Purchase price consideration
- Deal structures
- Deal terms and indemnities
- Restrictive covenants
- Privacy and security issues
- Termination and transition
- Issue spotting for a regulated environment
- Best practices for structuring and negotiating digital health transactions
The panel will review these and other noteworthy issues:
- What hurdles do counsel encounter when structuring digital health transactions?
- What factors should counsel keep in mind when determining price and deal structure?
- What best practices should counsel employ to ensure regulatory compliance in a digital health transaction?
A. Benjamin Klaber
Morgan Lewis & Bockius
Mr. Klaber counsels tech companies and research institutions in digital health, fintech, and other industries on... | Read More
Mr. Klaber counsels tech companies and research institutions in digital health, fintech, and other industries on strategic commercial contracts, collaborations, and technology transactions, with a particular focus on artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data, the metaverse, quantum computing, and other cutting-edge technologies. He negotiates complex commercial contracts, intellectual property licenses, joint development agreements, joint ventures, and other transactions involving innovative technologies and rapidly evolving ecosystems, and provides strategic, practical commercial guidance and actionable insight.Close
Doneld G. Shelkey
Mr. Shelkey represents clients in global outsourcing, commercial contracts, and licensing matters, with a particular... | Read More
Mr. Shelkey represents clients in global outsourcing, commercial contracts, and licensing matters, with a particular focus on the e-commerce and electronics entertainment industries. Global leader of the firm’s technology transactions, outsourcing, and commercial contracts practice, He assists in the negotiation of commercial transactions for domestic and international manufacturers, technology innovators, and retailers, and counsels clients in the e-commerce and electronics entertainment industries on consumer licensing and virtual property matters.Close