Stormwater Discharge Permits and Clean Water Act Compliance
Updating EPA and State Stormwater Permitting Requirements, New Developments, and Impacts of the New Administration
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide attorneys with an overview of stormwater regulation and permitting issues, then delve into current developments that may impact facilities that are subject to these requirements.
- Overview of stormwater permitting
- Current developments
- 2017 Construction General Permit
- EPA Information Collection Request for MS4s
- State developments
- Inching towards numerical permit limits?
- Citizen suit trends
- Electronic submittals and online availability of information
- Significant court decisions
- Impacts of the new administration
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- Reviewing the new 2017 Construction General Permit and what does it tell us about the direction EPA is going with stormwater programs?
- Does the EPA August 2016 MSGP settlement with NGOs and its required National Academy of Sciences mean numeric effluent limits are on the horizon?
- Trends in Clean Water Act citizen suits and best practices for responding when you or your client get the Notice of Intent to Sue.
Cooper White & Cooper
Mr. Epperson advises clients regarding regulatory compliance counseling, transactional, and permitting issues. He... | Read More
Mr. Epperson advises clients regarding regulatory compliance counseling, transactional, and permitting issues. He advises clients in their efforts to investigate and remediate contaminated properties, voluntarily or in response to regulatory action. He also advises clients regarding environmental issues in commercial transactions. He counsels clients regarding compliance with state and federal environmental, health and safety laws and regulations, including the many such rules that apply to use of hazardous substances and waste; the Clean Water Act (including stormwater and citizen suits), RCRA, CERCLA and their state law equivalents; California's Proposition 65; pipeline safety; radioactive materials; and federal and state OSHA(s).Close
Matthew Q. Lentz
Mr. Lentz has over 18 years of experience providing storm water and multi-media compliance support. He has successfully... | Read More
Mr. Lentz has over 18 years of experience providing storm water and multi-media compliance support. He has successfully managed large, logistically challenging projects and has extensive experience developing compliance programs involving storm water, hazardous waste, wastewater, and more. He has performed environment audits/assessments and assisted with the implementation of environmental management systems and compliance programs. A significant portion of his practice involves assisting clients comply with NPDES storm water regulations.Close
Andrew J. Perel
Mr. Perel’s practice encompasses all aspects of environmental law, including counseling clients on development... | Read More
Mr. Perel’s practice encompasses all aspects of environmental law, including counseling clients on development and redevelopment projects, risk management and insurance, remediation of contaminated properties, and environmental compliance. He also has extensive experience in environmental investigations and audits, the design and implementation of compliance programs and systems, and evaluation of self-reporting and voluntary compliance strategies.Close