State Regulation of Renewable Energy: Energy Standards, Rate Structures, Siting, Permitting, Transmission
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide renewable energy attorneys with an in-depth analysis of state regulatory challenges for renewable energy projects and facilities. The panel will discuss recently enacted legislation from various states on energy standards, siting, permitting, transmission, and rate structures. The panel will also provide best practices for structuring transactions and navigating project construction, operations, and maintenance to meet state regulatory standards.
- Federal vs. state regulation of renewable energy
- State law challenges for renewable energy facilities
- RPS and recently enacted state regulations
- Best practices for energy counsel, investors, developers, and operators
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the common state law challenges for renewable energy projects?
- What states have enacted legislation setting forth new renewable portfolio standards?
- How have new RPSs impacted utilities, retail suppliers, municipalities, and cooperatives?
- How can energy counsel ensure compliance with state siting and permitting requirements and other state regulatory standards?
James H. (Jim) Barkley
Mr. Barkley has been involved in most phases of wholesale and retail deregulation of the Texas electric market. He... | Read More
Mr. Barkley has been involved in most phases of wholesale and retail deregulation of the Texas electric market. He represents clients facing siting and permitting challenges for their facilities, including electric transmission service providers. He represented large wind developers before the Texas Public Utility Commission that will determine where and how Texas will encourage wind generation development.Close
Eric L. Christensen
Beveridge & Diamond
Mr. Christensen is one of the Pacific Northwest’s leading energy and natural resources attorneys. His practice... | Read More
Mr. Christensen is one of the Pacific Northwest’s leading energy and natural resources attorneys. His practice focuses on assisting both emerging energy and clean tech companies and traditional energy companies navigate the complex legal and regulatory systems governing the nation’s energy industry. With more than 27 years of experience, Mr. Christensen has successfully represented clients in complex litigation and regulatory matters, ranging from the U.S. Supreme Court to major proceedings before federal and state agencies. In addition, he has successfully guided clients through major transactions involving, for example, renewable and traditional energy facilities, complex energy and derivatives trades, brownfields redevelopment, engineering and construction services, early-stage and traditional financing, risk management, and government grants and tax incentives.Close