State and Local Tax Implications of Tax Reform
Impact on High-Tax States, SALT Deduction Cap, Deemed Repatriation and Other Conformity Issues
Recording of a 110-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
This webinar will focus on the ripple effect of the new tax bill on state tax law. The panel will discuss the limitations and removal of specific state tax benefits within the new tax bill causing states to deviate from federal law to maintain or add benefits for individuals and businesses within state borders.
- Key provisions of federal tax law impacting state corporate and individual taxation
- Issues in evaluating conformity with new federal tax law
- Update on state legislative developments in response to tax reform
- Best practices in advising and preparing taxpayers for the state implications of tax reform
The panel will review these and other critical issues:
- Practical strategies for analyzing the impact of federal tax reform on the various states;
- The impact of deemed repatriation, GILTI, FDII, and other tax reform provisions on state taxpayers;
- The state tax compliance issues created by federal tax reform.
Stephen W. Long
Mr. Long's practice focuses on federal and multistate tax controversy issues. He handles complex state and local... | Read More
Mr. Long's practice focuses on federal and multistate tax controversy issues. He handles complex state and local tax matters across the U.S., including tax controversy, transactional and plannisng matters as well as federal tax controversy and litigation matters. He represented clients in state tax disputes before administrative agencies or courts in over a dozen U.S. states. He also assists companies in making voluntary disclosures throughout the U.S.Close
Michael C. Tedesco
Baker & McKenzie
Mr. Tedesco represents multinational and domestic corporations in a wide range of tax planning and tax controversy... | Read More
Mr. Tedesco represents multinational and domestic corporations in a wide range of tax planning and tax controversy issues, focusing on state and local tax matters.Close
Other Formats— Anytime, Anywhere
CPE On-DemandSee NASBA details.