Stacking Commercial Business Insurance Coverage Policies: Insurer and Policyholder Perspectives
Navigating Allocation of Liability Among Multiple Policies Amid Varied Court Interpretations
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will discuss evolving law on stacking commercial business insurance policies, where it is permitted and where it is not, key insurance policy provisions, and insurance policy interpretation maxims typically in play in disputes between insurers and policyholders on stacking of policies.
- Common losses in which stacking is implicated
- Types of policies that may be stacked
- Difference in court interpretations between pro rata vs. all sums jurisdictions
- Stacking of self-insured retentions
- Applicable policy provisions and contract construction principles
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the common losses in which stacking is implicated and what kinds of policies may be stacked?
- What jurisdictions allow stacking of multiple years of coverage?
- How have courts in pro rata vs. all sums jurisdictions differed in their interpretations and applications of insurance policy stacking?
- What insurance policy provisions and construction principles are applicable in interpreting the permissibility of stacking?
Larry D. Mason
Mr. Mason dedicates most of his practice to property and casualty insurance coverage, products liability, professional... | Read More
Mr. Mason dedicates most of his practice to property and casualty insurance coverage, products liability, professional liability for clients in construction, environmental and related industries, environmental and toxic torts, identifying emerging risks (especially cybersecurity and new technologies), and complex commercial litigation. His experience includes commercial litigation involving insurance and reinsurance coverage, first- and third-party liability. His practice encompasses a broad spectrum of first-party and third-party coverage, reinsurance, and defense issues.Close
McCarter & English
Ms. Pastor is Practice Group Leader of her firm's Insurance Coverage Group. She is an experienced trial... | Read More
Ms. Pastor is Practice Group Leader of her firm's Insurance Coverage Group. She is an experienced trial attorney, who has secured hundreds of millions of dollars in insurance for corporate policyholders. She litigates complex coverage matters throughout the country and abroad, and provides insurance coverage advice to clients assessing their potential risks, analyzing new insurance products, and considering the adequacy of their programs. She publishes and lectures frequently on insurance, trial skills and ethics matters.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 03/29/19)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 03/29/19)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $19.45 S&H