Sponsor-Strategic Partnerships in M&A: Structuring Challenges, Bidding Concerns, Exit Strategies
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will discuss the issues specific to sponsor-strategic partnerships formed to facilitate M&A deals. The panel will explore the advantages of these alliances and the questions regarding governance, decisionmaking, bidding, and essential considerations regarding exit strategies.
- Benefits and risks of sponsor-strategic partnerships
- Elements of a successful sponsor-strategic partnership
- Developing a joint business plan
- Establishing rules of governance
- Agreeing on an exit strategy
- Involvement of target?
- Key partnership provisions
- Bidding strategies in the M&A process
- Antitrust and other issues
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- How does the strategic buyer benefit from partnering with a PE sponsor? How does a sponsor benefit?
- How should the partnership agreement address the differing goals of the sponsor and strategic partners in acquiring the target?
- What should the partnership agreement say about bidding and communications with the target?
- What are the critical exit provisions to include in the contract?
Sullivan & Cromwell
Ms. O’Neill serves as Co-Head of the firm’s Global Private Equity Group. She has a broad-based practice... | Read More
Ms. O’Neill serves as Co-Head of the firm’s Global Private Equity Group. She has a broad-based practice that includes advising clients on mergers and acquisitions and securities offerings, as well as providing general corporate advice on disclosure and governance. She is Co-Chair of the ABA’s Acquisition of Public Companies Subcommittee and Former Chair of its M&A Market Trends Subcommittee and its Deal Points Study on Carveout Transactions.Close
Neal J. Reenan
Latham & Watkins
Mr. Reenan advises clients on complex domestic and cross-border transactions and related corporate matters. He focuses... | Read More
Mr. Reenan advises clients on complex domestic and cross-border transactions and related corporate matters. He focuses on structuring, negotiating and executing complex domestic and cross-border transactions such as mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, leveraged buyouts, take-privates, joint ventures, recapitalizations, and restructuring transactions. Mr. Reenan also advises on related corporate governance, financing, executive compensation, and general corporate matters.Close
Ann Beth Stebbins
Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom
Ms. Stebbins concentrates primarily on mergers and acquisitions. She spent eight years in the firm’s London... | Read More
Ms. Stebbins concentrates primarily on mergers and acquisitions. She spent eight years in the firm’s London office and has been involved in a variety of cross-border transactions representing acquirers, targets and financial advisors. Ms. Stebbins lectures and participates in seminars on topics related to her practice.Close